Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 07:12 PM
1st Gear Member

Yea buddy !!! Ah the memories.........1980's, in a rock band and driving a freshly painted and rebuilt Z/28........

The short story is I had Brain and Heart problems one year ago.

Had the Attorney and Notary at my bedside writing my will and the Chaplin giving me last rites...I am still here...

I had to retire early and God gave me a second chance. I am truly starting my bucketlist.

First I made sure everything was in place to take care of my wife. Then numero uno on the bucket list is , you guessed it....A serious upgrade of the Z/28..Second is buy my music gear and finish what I started years ago..

So yes, it will be High Tech upgrades... Mostly for Handling and Braking.. There are some outrageous setups out there, but I am looking at Speed Tech, Hotchkis, Baer, Willwood. I have some Herb Adams Bars I may use, or I may go new Hollow tube Hotchkis style. the Herb Adams are Beefy but very heavy.. Not sure what I am doing there yet until we get things apart and start going back together. I don't know if the Bars will make that much difference if I use Herb Adams of Hotchkis. The Herb Adams is 30 year old technology..

If I go new I will just sell the Herb adams Bars. If I can use them, I will.

I Watched the Mecum Auction with my wife and she knows what she can get for the car if something happens to me....The good news is I have a good sized budget because she knows what it is worth.

So....green Light, Go...........

Last edited by bucketlist2011; 09-18-2011 at 07:17 PM.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:54 PM
Overdrive Member

Great! I mean about being able to fulfill your dream. Sorry about the heath problems.

Old 09-18-2011, 11:05 PM
1st Gear Member

HaHa...Too Funny.

Thanks about my dreams thing....

Health, well things happen and I am soooooo lucky.

Had paralysis in my left side for 24 hours..

So I feel lucky. Many don't get this lucky...

Took me a year to get this far and to get my mind right.

Who am I kidding, my mind has never been right.....

Thanks for the Camaro love. I will keep you posted

Old 09-19-2011, 08:37 AM
Second Generation Moderator
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

Most of us feel lucky if we get a second chance at little things, but a second chance at life tops everything! Enjoy it, and make the Camaro what you always wanted it to be!

Old 09-19-2011, 09:08 AM
1st Gear Member

Amen BB427..

I cannot explain the feelings. To be here, with all my functions.

Enjoy everyday BB427.. Love your family, tune out the noise on TV with the government and all the BS.....

I thank you for the thoughts. Yes, that is why the Camaro will get done all at once.

I just don't know what tomorrow brings, so green light go........with the wife's ok , of course........

Oh Ya, it will be close to what I want it to be.....Money still rules as to how far I go. Even with a healthy budget,it just is never enough....

Like there is a hole where the money goes.......Did I just call my car a hole ?

Old 09-19-2011, 10:45 AM
Second Generation Moderator
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

They are all holes where money goes, and I don't think a project car should really be looked at as what it will bring if sold, vs. what goes into it. I get a lot of enjoyment from building cars, and that's worth something in itself.
Most of us wont get back what we put into our car, but we have fun building and driving them, so it doesn't really matter to me. Somebody else will sell it anyway and profit, not me.

Old 09-19-2011, 12:57 PM
1st Gear Member

BB427...

Very true. Sadly my working on things is over. Limited in what I can do, but at least now I will get to drive my car that I kept for all these years , hoping to get another chance at driving it..

Things are scketchy with my health,so things could change suddenly. That is why the push is on to " Get er done ".

I am with you on not worrying about it. When I am dead, they can deal with it. But I will be updating you on how the build goes, and also , how the driving is afterward.

Old 09-20-2011, 12:01 AM
Overdrive Member

Sucks you can't do the work yourself. I actually enjoy pushing myself to recreate what I see in magazines. Then there are the sparks of genus. When I think I've done something original.

Old 09-20-2011, 08:32 AM
1st Gear Member

Ya boyz, it sucks getting old with health issues.... Such is life.

Keep at it Nomad. My wife is getting her BA , school work is very hard for sure.

Your car will always be there, and the schooling will give you the money to spend on her..

Old 10-02-2011, 06:11 PM
1st Gear Member

The estimate is not ready, and i will get pictures soon..Also, my wife is helping me design and build the garage man cave. So the Z/28 has a cool place to come home to....Painting , cabinets, shop bench, cool old signs....Now that is my girl !!! Take care of the little woman, and she will take care of you. I just cannot wait to get behind the wheel of a freshened beast...But, reality, is I must wait a few months more....

Quick Reply: Newbie