Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 10:51 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Glad to see your still alive and kicking! Sweet '71 Z28 those are rare out here in Cali, also looking forward to those photos.

Old 10-04-2011, 09:09 PM
1st Gear Member

Jeromaro.

Thanks.Yes, my health is not so good.....

On to other stuff. I just talked to the shop.I go get pictures before we start and cut the first check. It is going to eat a lot of cash, but a bucket list ain't cheap.
We are going with trick brakes, steering and suspension...more updates soon...

Old 10-04-2011, 11:12 PM
Overdrive Member

I would suggest you try the suspension I have but you probably don't want to wait the three months i did to get all mine. The up side is it was a third the cost of Hotchkis and the costumer service is second to none. You may try Keith here. He is a dealer for ptfb and also has some other stuff from Global West. www.customworksproducts.com

He has the stuff to make your car corner like anything out there. His big brake kits are very reasonable too. Bottom line is he is a second gen owner and knows are cars as good as anyone. Its kind of one stop shopping. Located in Cali. too.

Their Gt kit is comperable to Hotchkis's kit. The Comp. kit I have is a step above that and just short of a full race set up. I didn't want solid bushings in my car because I was afraid of too much dirt getting in there driving on the road.

What ever you do good luck.

Old 10-05-2011, 02:38 AM
1st Gear Member

77 Nomad.. thanks..I will do some last minute research on that...

This going to be fun and pricey.bucket lists i guess are like that . I will get more pictures this week.If I have questions on posting, i will ask..Some of you guys and gals have great photos and threads...Old school has some catching up to do to post like that...

More to follow soon,I hope all is well with you....

Old 10-05-2011, 07:20 AM
Overdrive Member

I just try and drum up buisness for the guy. He offered to meet me half way, about an hour 45min drive for him. Just to save me on shipping.

I got springs, shocks, SFC's, g-bars, cowl brace, steering box, steering linkage ( all Moog), upper and lower control arms, 1 1/4" front sway bar, adjustable rear bar, and solid body mounts. Total price was $3300 to my door. I dealt with Dave the owner only. Truly he has supplier issues so there is always a delay on parts. Thats why I suggested Keith, he is the only supplier I know of. I don't know if Keith has an inventory or just orders from Dave. Every part you get is made right here in the USA to boot. Thats what really sold me.

LOL my wife was not as understanding as yours when I broke the news... six months later.

Old 10-05-2011, 08:36 AM
1st Gear Member

77 Nomad....
I doubled checked prices on things and you got a good deal. i am around 3600. for the similar stuff. i am going over my initial supply of cash...I did talk to the wife that night and told her it was going to be more. adding 3600 to the brakes,exhaust,interior, and engine adds, oh and wheels and tires, and you get where i am going.......North of 10k......To do a bucket list in a short time ,one must just go for it... i will tell her the total overage after it is done.
We have done some remodeling to the house we bought two years ago.She will understand extra costs....For me ,we are redoing all the brake lines, and the fuel tank and all lines...Kinda a complete resto in some areas...

I heard it was better to ask forgiveness than permission....Not on most things of course,but a Camaro cost over run,it happens

Last edited by bucketlist2011; 10-12-2011 at 03:30 AM.
Old 10-05-2011, 08:58 AM
Overdrive Member

Good way of putting it. I like it.

A good spot for brake lines is Inline Tube. I got the hard lines for like $130 but they were built in stainless. The fit was spot on. Just like stock. They offer stainless clips too, I haven't got those because they are made to run with a return line next to the brake line. My car is plumbed different then stock so I used a simple insulated clamp.

Old 10-07-2011, 05:14 PM
1st Gear Member

Old 10-11-2011, 05:38 PM
1st Gear Member

Photos are in... In the projects section....The pre tear down photos...Dirty ugly stuff.. Soon to be high tech, new, and pretty sweet.

I ordered 12.9 inch six caliper willwood slotted and drilled in front and 12.1 inch rears. New speed tech coil over front end, Hotchkis subframe connectors and rear springs, new quick ratio steering and type 2 box. New Gas Tank and all new lines.All new brake lines,Master cylinder,QA1 shocks,MSD Distributor and Box, New K and N air cleaner, New Header and all new exhaust, Driveline rebuilt,New clutch.........Waiting on the interior until it is on the ground...Carpet,steering wheel, dyno mat, and Corbeau or Sparco seats. Ordering the Jason rushforth wheels next week.......

Last edited by bucketlist2011; 10-11-2011 at 05:48 PM.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:52 PM
Overdrive Member

Rushforths huh? Wow! not cheap for sure, I looked them up when I started searching for wheels. Brian Finch has them one his car and I liked them a lot. Then saw the tag and went back to the old stand by. American Racing TT II's, made is Chinckville.

Quick Reply: Newbie