New Member, new Ride!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 10:44 AM
Default New Member, new Ride!

good morning everyone. I would like to take a thread to say hello and introduce myself. As you can see my name is curtis. I have been into cars since i was 16 years old. I have had many differnt cars (mostly trucks). everything from a built 76 chevy pickup street truck (my highschool sweetheart), to jeeps, broncos, and a Z71. Back in 2006 i bought a Cobalt SS S/C. built that and raced it at bandimere. i also started a car club for all of the rocky mountain states, with the help of some of my close freinds. I traded in the cobalt due to a longer commute and not being able to drive in colorado snow and picked up my trailblazer. It was certainly a decision I regret doing as soon as the weather got nice. Anyways here very soon i am picking up a 1978 Camaro (i need a project trailblazer isnt cutting it). From what i have been told the motor and tranni are built and have less than 5k on them. We will see. I look forward to talking to everyone. I currently work for sprint so if you all ever need help outside of cars dealing with phones/computer/IT. etc just let me know..

Curtis

Old 06-24-2011, 10:52 AM

here is the picture of the car, its not at my house yet. the current needs to fix a fuel line in order to drive it down. It is coming with a roots blower but is not on the car yet. the current owner took on the project then realized he has no time or place to work on it.

Old 06-24-2011, 10:58 AM
Second Generation Moderator
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

Welcome Curtis! Looks pretty complete. I had that same snorkel scoop on my '71 back in the early 80's when I was racing my '71. Are you planning on removing it, or?

Old 06-24-2011, 11:15 AM
Overdrive Member

Blower-Blower, yeaaahh.

Old 06-24-2011, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by 1971BB427
Welcome Curtis! Looks pretty complete. I had that same snorkel scoop on my '71 back in the early 80's when I was racing my '71. Are you planning on removing it, or?

No sir its staying!!! I am going to be building this as a pro street car for Bandimere and still be able to pull it out durring the summer to drive to work. Ill kinda explain my thoughts here. Back in 2008 I destroyed my right knee and had to give up racing till this year. Durring the same time i was having surgeries and all that on my knee i got full custody of my 8 year old son. When i got rid of the cobalt he was devistated. He has been begging me to get something to work on again all year. He wants something that he can learn to race in and also wrench on with dad. He is 10 now and when i showed him the car he started telling me what he wanted.. Dad this is gonna be black with big back wheels and smaller front ones. Dad you have to make this car "whine" like my cobalt did. Dad all black interior. Dad this dad that. so I have it all planned out in my head. this will be my second frame off resto. the first was my pickup in highschool. Im going for 70s/80s pro street rod look. I know its not a classic muscle but being a single father this day in age I cant afford what i really want so ill do what i want with what i can.

Old 06-24-2011, 12:10 PM
July 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Welcome aboard, love the old school cragars. can'y wait to see some more pics when you get the beast home.

Joe

Old 06-24-2011, 12:16 PM

here was phase 1 of the project... may not be to car orriented but you car guys will get the point

and all finished

Old 06-24-2011, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by 80ZJoe
Welcome aboard, love the old school cragars. can'y wait to see some more pics when you get the beast home.

Joe
Thanks Joe... however those will be going to the craiglist/ebay pile.. Ill be going for 17's and a slight drop.

Old 06-24-2011, 01:06 PM
Overdrive Member

You think your garage is a mess? I have a 26 x 32 landfill going on. It was all good until I pulled the subframe back off. Now I have no room. I would have cleaned it but its been raining for a week straight. The whole month really. Between mixing paint and getting the welder working. Then I torn into the plumbing for my compressor, I added a separate line for painting. It has its own regulator and dual filters w/ water trap. I have fittings everywhere, lol. Little globs of pipe dope here and there too.

Old 06-24-2011, 01:20 PM

well it was actually quite worse then shown.. on the side of the house now resides everything that was in the garage. a sectional couch, washer, dryer, twin bunk beds. old gas grill, 2 old lawn mowers, and a giant pile of wood. but i was saving that photo for my own DONT LET THIS HAPPEN AGAIN. im waiting for free dump day in the begining of next month then ill be taking all that down to the dumps.. I hate the fact that it costs so much now a days to go to the dumps. 100 bucks for a truck load of crap... really?

Quick Reply: New Member, new Ride!