i am replacing my quarter panels

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 10:25 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default i am replacing my quarter panels

hi guys ,i am fixing up a 75 camaro,it has rusted out the quarter panels,i have started on one side and i am lucky to have a nieghbor who is 72 and an x body man,he even knows how to use lead as a body filler.although i am not going to use lead.anyway i will be taking pics as i go along.and doing one side at a time.i have removed the old panel on the right side(aligned doors and fenders proir to removal) i am cleaning things up and fixing to start patching some rust spots on the inner panels,the inner panels are not bad enough to need replacement.we have semi fitted the fender and looks pretty good.(64.95 each plus shipping off ebay from the seller tameraz)of course i bought a left and right and frieght was 120.00.seem pretty good as i heard stories here of repops being bad.if i can figure out how to post pics i will post some as i go if you think this may help others out.later

Old 02-25-2007, 10:49 PM
May 2007 ROTM
Default RE: i am replacing my quarter panels

Sounds good cant wait to see those picks. You must not have seen the forum member with the name of....Dont buy from tameraz.

Old 02-25-2007, 11:19 PM
In the Staging Lanes

no,i am new to the forum but even the body guy helping me siad the quarter panels look good,fit pretty good,will have to trim a little on the rear as it sticks out a little on the corner.according to the guy helping me he said they would get oem panels in that were worse than what they were replacing.he quit body work in the 70s.i have seen him do some really nice work.any way my experience with tameraz has been fine,they did what they said,they were short on the phone answering questions about the product but i take in consideration all the calls they must recieve and alot of calls that will not amount to a sell and it looks as though he sells ALOT of stuff.so i am sure thier time gets wasted alot.so i am not endorsing him just saying he did what he said and the product was fine.i am sure the ones he sells are the same as all the others that are in such a cheap price range.anyway thats my take on it.and all them guys selling them, drop ship them i am sure so i went with the cheapest.

about me and why i wanted to fix up a old camaro.my first car was in 83 and i was 15 and the car was 77 camaro,i did alot of stuff in my car,snuck friends into the drive in,got caught in the school parking lot with girlfrieds shirt off.(they didnt tell her parants or mine,they swept it under the table).i beat a 79 trans am in the quarter mile even though my camaro was stock 350.i later had had a guy pull out in front of me while i was doing 55 and totaled the car.i then got 79 with 305,the 305 sucked and i mean big time(as you say in 80s slang)well i am older now and wanted to fix one up.so here i go.

Old 02-26-2007, 03:26 AM
Overdrive Member

I was in charge of teaching some r.o.p. students body work. The next day they came in, after sanding the day before, I had to take them over to the word board ( a car with dust on it)and give a lesson. I wrote in the dust "azzhole" (*******) and taught them what one was. About oppinions, the universal use for name calling to male or females and the use of the word in the body shop. Ask your body guy what it is.

Old 03-01-2007, 10:34 PM
In the Staging Lanes

hey MadMike,my friend said it was where you buff too much paint off and it makes a little ******* in the paint job.
he said to ask you if you were a bodyman or a plasticsurgeon.lol

later

Old 03-01-2007, 11:03 PM
Overdrive Member

Thats an *******. When you take the edge of your Da sander and use it to sand out a chip because its easier. That dent that you leave in the paint is an *******!

I guess I would be a plastic surgeon. I started doing this when people wised up. No toxins like with the lead and asbestos thanks to the old guys. (we have ne toxins )

Old 03-01-2007, 11:09 PM
May 2007 ROTM

I think my car had a few *******s that were never block sanded by the paint hole that painted my car.