getting on the road

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 06:56 PM
2nd Gear member

alright thanks ill go look and see how much work taking that linkege off will be and see if i wanna do it idk if i can get to where it attatches to the steering colume with out removing my brake booster and i gotta get my other header on tonight hopefully

Old 09-16-2010, 07:00 PM
Overdrive Member

It is a clip at the base of the colume. pretty easy really.

Old 09-16-2010, 11:10 PM
2nd Gear member

yeah i saw that i can get it without too much stressing probably and i was having a great start man i looked at that linkege it seems simple enough to remove then i flipped my clutch rod over it clears now that wasn't to bad once i got the right tool to pry against the clutch thing then it all went down hill i feel like my camaro raped me tonight headers suck! it went from easy to the starter flying past my head hitting the floor, how do they make something so small so heavy? and getting hit in the head by a jack stand holding the starter uh but i won the battle in the end i guess i got the header on and the starter back on and hooked up. I can just see after all my work once everythings on i try to fire it up and it probably wont start lol but i still gotta replace the old heater lines i cut cause they needed replaced plus the spark plugs need to go back in and reorder them right since i didnt mark em and my new valve covers and rpm air gap intake are in the mail and i still have the x pipes glass packs and tips to put on eh so much to do on a 8 hour aweek car work schedule. but how much you wanna offer for the linkege?

Old 09-17-2010, 05:03 AM
Overdrive Member

You have a pm.

Last edited by 77nomad; 09-17-2010 at 05:09 AM.
Old 09-19-2010, 09:43 AM
2nd Gear member

hey guys im thinking of replacing my stock water pump and going with a high flow aluminium one is the a difference on getting a short or long water pump? is the bolt pattern different?

Old 09-19-2010, 11:47 AM
Overdrive Member

You want a long one. The short pumps were for Vetts I believe. Anyhow none of your pulleys/brackets will line up with a short pump.

Old 09-23-2010, 01:43 PM
2nd Gear member

alright got my intake and valve covers in waiting for the gaskets now to put em on, but now i cant get my car started and idk why it turns over just wont start i think i messed up the timming by moving the spark plug wire to the wrong spots can that cause it not to start?

Old 09-24-2010, 10:10 PM
2nd Gear member

hey nomad i got that linkage off i'll post a pick its got both bars the pins and that stuff and the bracket that bolts to the frame is that all of it
Name:  DSCN0685.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  97.8 KB

Old 09-24-2010, 10:27 PM
July 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by james hellsing
alright got my intake and valve covers in waiting for the gaskets now to put em on, but now i cant get my car started and idk why it turns over just wont start i think i messed up the timming by moving the spark plug wire to the wrong spots can that cause it not to start?
Yeah it wont start if the plugs are wrong, this might help

Name:  Hei_firing_diagram_GM.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  15.3 KB

Old 09-25-2010, 02:16 AM
2nd Gear member

yeah i have that diagram in my book only my distributor isn't nice and even like that one where 1 and 8 are parrallel to the front mine is like ofset so i tried switching cable posistions like that but yeah idk whats wrong the wires might be bad on the starter too idk i put electrical tape over one that the casing was cracked off on but it turns over fine it just wont start

Quick Reply: getting on the road