getting on the road

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 05:21 AM
Overdrive Member

M,W,TH school right after work. Tues its me and the kids the woman goes and plays poker with her mom. Sun I have bowling league and somewhere I have to read three chpts a week and design circuits and learn this math. Waaaah.

Old 09-14-2010, 08:55 AM
2nd Gear member

lol sounds busy, I'm home schooled and haven't started school yet, i wanted to work a lil more but I'll be starting at the beginning of october then I'll have pleanty of time to work on my car till maybe a part time job rolls around. But it'll be nice not having to work so much, my last paycheck I had between 23 and 27 hours of overtime but a jobs a job and at least i got one.

Old 09-14-2010, 10:39 PM
2nd Gear member

got some new developements put my header on the drivers side tonight that was fun and now the clutch likege is rubbing the header im wondering if i can leave it like that put the linkege bar on the oposite side towards the oil filter not sure if it'll clear the filter or not or what to do i'll post a pick of the problem area what you guys think?

Old 09-14-2010, 10:40 PM
2nd Gear member

Name:  DSCN0674.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  137.2 KB

Old 09-14-2010, 10:45 PM
2nd Gear member

and a question about some other stuff its looks like i have linkege for a on the tree sifter?!? it makes no sense to me heres a pick Name:  DSCN0672.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  79.1 KB

Old 09-14-2010, 10:50 PM
2nd Gear member

on that questionable linkage the top bar goes up to the steering column ergo my thoughts of on the tree sifter and the lower bar links to the tranny it makes no sense to me at all because i have the 4 speed floor shifter that works like a normal manual any of you guys have an idea on this other linkege?? its a borg warner super t10 im gonna look for a build sheet after i solve my header problems and try to figure out just what i have here im starting to question if this is even a real z28 i need to look up the vin

Old 09-14-2010, 10:51 PM
2nd Gear member

oh and for my passenger side header i have to remove the starter anything i should know before taking that off? i still haven't found my chiltons manual so i dont really have a reference

Old 09-15-2010, 05:04 AM
Overdrive Member

The clutch rod needs to be moved. There will be a hole there in no time. A small dimple in the pipe might work too.

The other linkage you see there called the backdrive linkage. It runs up to the colume and when you put it in reverse, turns the reverse lights on. If you want to remove it, most people did. I would acually buy it from you if it was for sale. Thats one of the only things left I don't have for my four speed swap. It has nothing to do with the car being a Z or not.There shoul be another one for the nuetral saftey switch, so you can't start it without your foot on the clutch. I need that one too.

Old 09-15-2010, 11:08 PM
2nd Gear member

thanks for the help man that linkege really made no sense to me i dont really care if i have it or not but right now i've got so much to do i dont want to add yanking that stuff off to the list but if it gets in my way or after im done ill think about it and let ya know what all would i need to remove for you?. as for the header you said move the clutch rod would flipping it to the other side work? im not sure if it'll clear the oil filter then but i can try and see and if it doesn't ill try tapping a bend in the header to clear cause i dont need alot to clear

Old 09-16-2010, 11:36 AM
Overdrive Member

Try laying a piece of water pipe on the header and smack it with a hammer. It turns out better that way. As far as the linkage goes I'll need everything including the brackets.

Quick Reply: getting on the road