Found a 69 SS, but how do you insure the thing?!

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 08:21 PM
Default Found a 69 SS, but how do you insure the thing?!

Hey! I found a 69 Camaro SS hardtop convertible through a friend that I intend on getting. It's in excellent condition (only 27k miles), and I'm getting an incredible price for it at only 5000. The question is, how in the heck am I supposed to insure it, and what companies are good? It would be the first car I've bought and insured myself (I'm 19). I have a perfect driving record but it'll probably be expensive anyway just because I'm 19 and where I live and all that (drivers can be excessively stupid in SC). I've been looking around collecting company names and stuff, but I can't get any online quotes because it's an older car. What guidance would you all suggest for me in my quest for insurance in regards where to look, or anything else you may know?

Old 06-03-2006, 12:19 AM
2nd Gear member
Default RE: Found a 69 SS, but how do you insure the thing?!

is the car going to be a daily driver, or a weekend thing?

if its just for weekends get pleasure car insurance, its so much cheaper. as for the company, look in the phone book and find an insurance underwriter, they will find you the cheapest insurance gauranteed!

Old 06-03-2006, 05:29 PM

You might want to check at Hagerty.com
I have a 68 chevy truck that I carry full coverage on hagerty offered the cheapest price around.
You should be able to get a quote from their website.
Hope that helps.

Old 06-03-2006, 07:47 PM
2nd Gear member

Are you sure its all original. A 69ss with 27000 miles should cost a hell of a lot more than 5gz. Good luck though

Old 06-04-2006, 12:23 AM

it would pretty much just be a weekend car, I don't really have time during the week to do anything outside of work.

And I believe the only thing stock on it are the front fenders, lol

thank you, I'll check out hagerty. I didn't know there was even anything called an insurance underwriter, but I don't know if there are any in my area. I'll have to look around. Thanks a bunch

Old 06-04-2006, 12:27 AM
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ChristopherWelty

Hey! I found a 69 Camaro SS hardtop convertible through a friend that I intend on getting. It's in excellent condition (only 27k miles), and I'm getting an incredible price for it at only 5000. The question is, how in the heck am I supposed to insure it, and what companies are good? It would be the first car I've bought and insured myself (I'm 19). I have a perfect driving record but it'll probably be expensive anyway just because I'm 19 and where I live and all that (drivers can be excessively stupid in SC). I've been looking around collecting company names and stuff, but I can't get any online quotes because it's an older car. What guidance would you all suggest for me in my quest for insurance in regards where to look, or anything else you may know?
You need to do some research, there was no such thing a hard top convertible Camaro, and a 69 SS with only 27k is worth 5 times that price. Somthing does not add up here.

Old 06-04-2006, 08:35 PM

That kinda shocked me for a sec, lol. I looked around a bit and found this website, the camaro research group. I think I found something saying that there was a 69 SS convert, but would you guys say it is a valid group? http://www.camaros.org/diffs69.shtml

Old 06-04-2006, 11:40 PM

A true 69ss should cost 6 times that much with documented mileage. At least! Beware.