70 camaro weatherstripping

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 10:43 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Ok finally got wearherstripping installed and it was OEM brand. My doors wont shut all the way have like a 1/4 inch gap, how do u adjust door strikers to get doors to close? I really want to just take this crap off and send it back to classic industries even the small door bumpers dont fit, they fall right off.

Old 02-15-2011, 12:28 PM
Second Generation Moderator
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by Texas70z28
Ok finally got wearherstripping installed and it was OEM brand. My doors wont shut all the way have like a 1/4 inch gap, how do u adjust door strikers to get doors to close? I really want to just take this crap off and send it back to classic industries even the small door bumpers dont fit, they fall right off.
Do you mean OER brand? Anyway, it's a slow process, but you can get there. I had to adjust my door strikes out to allow the door to close, then every few days adjust them in a little until I could get the door to close and line up. Leave the window down while doing this, so you're just doing the door seal, and then once it compresses start rolling the window up a little each day until it also compresses. Took me about a month to get mine finally.
The door strike should have an allen head, or torx head, and can be loosened and moved, then re-secured.

Old 02-15-2011, 08:53 PM
In the Staging Lanes

your right I guess i got confused cus it says just like OEM, which is funny I can just picture the factory trying to get the doors closed for a month hahaha. I emailed classic industries and they recommended using an industrial blow dryer to soften the rubber (Really?). Theres got to be some manufacturer out there that makes a better product, even the dang rubber door bumpers dont fit. I'll try and adjust the striker, but I almost want to call them and get my money back, thanks for the info :-)

Old 02-16-2011, 09:32 AM
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

If it's in the car and has the 3M adhesive on the ends I doubt they'll take it back. If they will, then I'd go with Metro. I've heard it's the best.
Yeah, I'm sure Chevy never had to break in weatherstripping! Too bad the company that built it originally doesn't still make it.

Old 02-27-2011, 10:01 PM
In the Staging Lanes

ok not sure about the door strike thing,my doors close but i got like 1/4 inch gap, so i loosened door strike to see what that would do? I cant see how that would help, I need the door to tighten up closer? I called classic industries and they told me to use an industrial heat gun, but that didnt do anything either. They did tell me customer satisfaction is 100% so they will take back even though I installed, so do you guys think I should send this stuff back? I hate to take it all off it it will work after a month, but if that metro brand will go right on and doors will close now I am tempted.

Old 05-14-2011, 10:07 PM
In the Staging Lanes

all right so i sent my OER weatherstripping back due to my doors wouldnt shut all the way. I bought METRO brand and same thing,man whats the deal with this after market weatherstripping am i the only one having this trbl?

Old 05-15-2011, 02:26 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ZOG
I need to reweatherstip my doors and windows too.

Let me know if you find a good place to get them and any tricks you could suggest after you get them in.

photobucket.com is a good image hosting site that I use. You upload from your computer and copy the link from the site to the post.
I just ordered mine from summit. I got the door, roof rails, and trunk seal.

Old 05-15-2011, 08:27 AM
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

Pretty sure you'll still have to loosen the strikes and set them out to latch. Then go through the process of gradually moving them in every few days until it seats in and allows for proper adjustment.
From what I have heard Metro didn't require this, as guys said it was super soft and their doors closed and latched fine when new. Have you contacted Metro and asked them for suggestions?

Old 05-15-2011, 06:32 PM
1st Gear Member

ya mine are the metro kind, all I have put on so far is the roof rail weatherstripping though.

Old 05-16-2011, 10:39 PM
In the Staging Lanes

no reply yet from metro or steves camaros where i bought kit

Quick Reply: 70 camaro weatherstripping