6 moth progress report.

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2022, 01:54 PM
Default 6 moth progress report.

Well after bringing her home from Deaver 6 months ago and having one hell of an adventure with my youngest son. I'm slowly putting the pieces back together. Now the car was already in good shape and was a driver. A 20 year old respray. And redone seats. My starting point was way better then my High school 78. Or even most of the ones I've seen in the wild. It so far has been replace worn pieces or correct just botched repairs. And being this car is low mileage and completely stock. Most of the work has been tuning and adjusting carb. Replace all of the vacuum lines and routing them correctly. Now the no longer needed ones for certain emissions equipment are routed and on the
correct thermal timers or carb ports. But they have been blocked off under the new hoses. Yes it is a bit of over kill but it is fun for someone to look under the hood and see how it looked when it was new. I've even tied all of the lines together like they would have been originally. So some may tell me I'm leaving alot of potential on the table as far as performance. And yes I am. But like they say there only stock once. Also I'm not going to cut up or modify what is a reasonable stock weekend cruise car. Or maybe a good extra car to do duty when one of the dailies is down for repair. And so far this has done both. But one modification that has been done was new wheels and tires. The old ones where 15 year old squares and the steel rally rims need to be re finished. So some 17" American Racing wheels fit the bill. Now it drives like a dream. I'll keep everyone up to date every once in a while.

The man i have to thank for the opportunity to continue taking care of the car he purchased new. February of 1978 and kept it all those years. Uncle Dave.
And this was the picture he would post on my wife's FB page to tease me. Now I occasionally return the favor.

Loaded up for the ride home to Missouri

Going through loveland pass on the way to Breckenridge day after i purchased it. Doing sone sightseeing with my son.

Letting my son drive back to Denver on 70. Only the 2 time he ever drove manual.

Just a great picture of Rockies on the way back to Denver

2 weeks ago sitting with her new shoes on.

Last edited by Dreamer; 05-14-2022 at 02:09 PM.
Old 05-14-2022, 05:29 PM
2nd Gear member

I have a 1979 Z-28 so its nice to see another nice Camaro. And a good car for a Youngster since these cars are built like tanks ..As long s you make it safe to drive..They also make great family projects .with the variety of ways you can go with. Good luck to you

Old 05-14-2022, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Zspoiler
I have a 1979 Z-28 so its nice to see another nice Camaro. And a good car for a Youngster since these cars are built like tanks ..As long s you make it safe to drive..They also make great family projects .with the variety of ways you can go with. Good luck to you
well the youngster is 20. And as far as it going to him. Yes one day he will receive the Camaro and a 82 Ram pickup thats been hot rodded. But as for what he drives is a 2021 Mustang GT. But he definitely inherited the car bug. And I love the fact he can drive a manual. With all but a select few in his generation can drive manual. And the car is definitely a clean slate. But like I mentioned I can't do it. Just way to pure of a car. I believe there's a certain point that at its age and mileage. And the fact I drive it regularly. It's just more special then most. Now if Dave had followed through with his original plain of Edelbrock top end and heads headers. Then with the exception of any body mods that car would have been game on for me. Like my 82 Ram, body and frame are original but nothing else is. I know it can out run the Camaro.

Old 12-03-2023, 11:23 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Nice looking Camaro! I have a ‘79 Sport Coupe and always fun cruising and taking to local car shows. Enjoy that Beauty!

Just put it away for Winter

Old 12-04-2023, 02:36 PM

Great new purchase! Enjoy the ride.