1980 Z28 for sale $4,900

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 07:51 PM
Default 1980 Z28 for sale $4,900

here is a link to me Z28 on E-bay. Make me an offer guys I need to sell this one.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...47529&rd=1

I just paid $8,000 for this car its extreamysolid, I need to sell to pick up what I'm looking for. I know I'm gonna take a loss but oh well,runs and drives great! No reasonable offer refused.

Old 01-15-2008, 07:47 AM
Default RE: 1980 Z28 for sale make me an offer

Anyone? The car has been relisted, the reserve lowered, and I'll cut you guys an even better deal!

Old 01-19-2008, 01:21 AM

It is a nice car, you probably couln't get one into the condition yours is in fore less than 8k.

i paid 3500 for my rust free '81 and it has no interior...so your price isn't far off.

Old 01-19-2008, 02:26 PM

Thanks for the comments Lionhart. I can't understand why I have no interest in the car. Its preaty hard to come by classic cars in nice shape, specially second gen Camaros and T/A's. Alot of whats out there has the frame rails and bumper braces rotting out and this one is solid with no aperant rust anywhere. It starts runs and drives like new. For $6,000 you couldnt buy a decent anything classic. And I'm willing to go less then that for guys on this site. If this was a Trans Am it would be sold. Surely you guys arent saying T/A's are better then Z28's?

Old 01-23-2008, 01:15 PM
3rd Gear Member

sorry, but I think the car is priced a bit high. from the pictures, the car seems just average with new paint and that would make me worry what kind of shape the body is under the new paint.

as someone who has bought Camaros over the internet, and that car would warrant many more pics before an offer.let me just give you a few clues from your pics

interior: plastic looks quite average at best, lots of deep scratches and sun damage. rug looks like it might be faded inbetween rear seats. belts in backseat area don't look right. car has the cheaper vinyl interior because they did have cloth in 1980. cheap floormats, which makes the curiousity higher on other fine details of the car. console also looks a bit rough

underside: again looks average at best, but with your limited pictures it also looks original and very dry and original. doesn't look like it's been touched up to hide anything. car seems to sit high in back, are there cheap airshocks in it?

body: new paint but other stuff outside doesn't look new. have stickers but not put on? makes it sound like a quicky job. door gaps on driver's side look a lot different than the passenger side. could the driver's door possibly not be fully closed all the way in the pictures? looks like the front spoiler is already damaged after the new paint?

rims and tires: bad combo for the car and very cheap rims, but look to be in great shape for what they are but again coming back to the "numbers matching" claim

underhood: A/C unit is out of service. for that money it should be there and functioning (could be up to $1k just to get it going again). with the A/C missing, it makes me wonder if all the original emissionparts are there. not that it would matter but he is claiming "numers matching" and those would be two strikes against that point. usually when there is that much rust around braking system, it is a good clue of minor leaks. overflow bottle seems to have electrial tape over a possible crack near the top (again brings up the quality of the car). overflow also looks low, so it makes me wonder if it is regularly serviced? everything else under the hood looks good and solid, with no loose ends

seller: he says the car is all original, numbers matching but then goes on to say that "he believes) the paint is the correct color. he calls the stock Air Induction system, "Air Injection" and likens it to a Ram Air set up, which it isn't because it just opens, in the rear of the hood,electricly with a gas pedal switch. pure looks over function. goes on to quote magazines on "future collectibility", which usually throws up a redlight that the guy really isn't sure what he has. how does he know it's a numbers matching car when he didn't even take the time to check the paintcode to see it paintjob is proper color of car.

overall a solid looking car on very limited pictures that really don't back up thebuyer claiming that much (and wondering how much he actually knows), I (as well as most experienced online buyers) wouldn't bother to go any further with that price.

not looking to insult you, but just tryingto give you a hint of selling your car for the money you want.

Old 01-25-2008, 06:28 PM

First and formost I am a Pontiac GTO guy not a Camaro Guy. While looking for a new Lemans/ GTO project I came across this car. I bought the car because It was so solid. I have owned 3 T/A's (74 sd 455, 76 455, and a 79 T/A) none of which were as solid as this car. my 89 Camaro seen in the background is the only other Camaro I had ever owned. Just 3 weeks after buying the Camaro I got an offer to buy my first GTO back from the person I sold it to. This is one car I had always regretedselling and want it back. To clear up a few of your statements.
Most of the Interior is untouched original, The deep scratches, Sun fade on the cluster( replaced by a new one buy the way), Carpet, seats, uncracked dashboard have all weatherd 28 years of service.
The underside looks average because it is untouched original underneath, no rust , not detailed or cleaned up for the pictures. and no air shocks, or helper springs.
The body, 2nd owner painted the car due to paint fading, I didnt paint the car and it isnt the most perfessional job in the world but I am yet to find any body work or area's that a magnet dosent stick to. Im not a body guy but I do know where these things rot (due to owning T/A's and this thing dosent show rot anywhere. And Yes the door wasnt fully closed in the picture
Under hood, yes the A/C compressor is gone. The second owner told me the first owner removed it because it had seized up on him. Again im not a Camaro guy but T/A's dont loose $1,000 when missing compressor but T/A's seem to hold better value. Knowing how to read Quadrajet codes and looking up engine block codes, intake codes, head codes,and trans codes all prove to show the car to be numbers matching, few people if any consider emissions, or A/C equipment as counting against numbers matching as long as Carb, Intake, Heads, Block, Trans, rearend all match.
Rims and Tires, I agree that a nice set of Z28 or even Rally rims would look better on the car but the rims and tires are new and on the car when I bought it so I didnt change them.

Now as for the seller, as mentioned I have the opertunity to get my first GTO back and I want it, so here is an offer to everyone on this forum. I need to sell this car to get the GTO back so I'm willing to take a huge hit to sellit. I bought the car at the begining of December for $8,000. A high price I know but again I saw it as a very solid car. Here is the offer.... $4,900 takes it home. You cant buy a nice Yugo for that price. The car is deffinetly worth more then that and a great investment!

Old 01-25-2008, 06:55 PM

seems like i got lucky... I bought a 79 t-top camaro with 305 (i just replaced with a 350) needs seats recovered and some interior panels plus fix up with new color what is there... Body had no rust more then the size of a dime....guess how much

$300...haha the guy really needed the money i guess.

Old 01-27-2008, 10:01 PM
3rd Gear Member

$4900 would be a great price for that car