1975 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 09:05 AM
In the Staging Lanes
Default yep

thats what I am talking about, its black metal trim with screws going into it looks like it cushions the window on the bottom side. I cant find that in the classic industries magazine. How much does that cost?

I also am going to just say what the hay and replace that trunk floor too, its $150 out of their magazine and after tapping on it, I realize its much more brittle then first expected. I am assuming the rear window leak is what caused that. Also looks like a very light surface rust is forming too on the inner quarters, ill have to have the shop attend to that when they pull the trunk floor out. But i think with that, thats all the problems. lol that guy was right $700 might be too cheap. Perhaps around $1500 id like to say it would all be done.

Anyone here ever pay someone to do a trunk floor install, and very very light work on inner quarters, probably just grinded and repainted, the rust is almost like dust on them.

Old 08-03-2011, 10:41 AM
1st Gear Member

Congratulations on getting the car you wanted! I also want to say congratulations on just getting married because that car will suck every last penny out of you, it'll make you happy, it'll make you sad, sometimes you may even want to divorce it but you stay together for the kids, and for all the good times because things will get better.

once you get through the floor you'll say, well i might as well get a new gas tank, and then i might as well get new fuel lines and fuel filters, then i might as well get an electric fuel pump and get a better carb. as long as the carb is off you might as well just get a new intake manifold but to do that you need to take out the distributor so you should just get a new msd 6al and pro billet distributor. It's like drinking a beer; just one more, just one more.

lol but its soooo fun and soooo rewarding. Good luck with everything man, i hope she makes you happy.

Old 08-03-2011, 06:56 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default Yeah

I am currently searching for another job becuase i quit my other one due to the house clean up we are having after our folks passed. I bought this car to really remember my dad by. I dont want to spend all that i have on it lol but i do understand how you can get carried away. For now im gonna stick with the body only. Besides its only going to be out for about a month anyway before i leave her in the garage.

Ill know what its going to cost by next week when I take it.

Old 08-03-2011, 09:41 PM
July 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by mr.blue
once you get through the floor you'll say, well i might as well get a new gas tank, and then i might as well get new fuel lines and fuel filters, then i might as well get an electric fuel pump and get a better carb. as long as the carb is off you might as well just get a new intake manifold but to do that you need to take out the distributor so you should just get a new msd 6al and pro billet distributor. It's like drinking a beer; just one more, just one more.
Truer words have never been spoken!
Speaking of which, I think I'll have a beer! Just one more!!

Old 08-03-2011, 09:53 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by jerhofer
Truer words have never been spoken!
Speaking of which, I think I'll have a beer! Just one more!!
Can you grab me one out of the fridge as well while your at it!

Old 08-03-2011, 10:48 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default as far as

body work goes. Could anyone give me a ball park figure.

#1 Paint 2 inches of the trunk, and install spoiler.
#2 Repair a quarter size rot spot on passenger front fender and paint.
#3 Install new trunk floor, driver side trunk floor extension, and 3 inches of bottom inner quarter panel.
#4 repair and install leaky window seal

Id just like to know, thats the problems my $6200 car has. Are we looking around $1000 or is it somewhere around $2000 roughly, just a ball park figure would be good.

Old 08-03-2011, 11:57 PM
1st Gear Member

it'll only cost you for the parts if you do it yourself. Thats what i would do if i were you. Since you plan on bringing it to a shop anyway, try doing somethings yourself just for ***** and gigs; experience has to start somewhere you know?

A little while ago i did my intake manifold not knowing what the hell i was doing but by posting pics of any problems or questions i had on here, helped me to finish the job myself. And if you mess up the body work then just go with your original plan of bringing it to a shop.

BUT, i think you're pretty close with your estimates when you factor in the blending of the paint. Even all the cutting and welding in the trunk some shops may drop the gas tank for obvious safety purposes. I imagine the shop will give you an estimate. shop around and get invoices.

Old 08-04-2011, 12:06 AM
In the Staging Lanes
Default k

I will, My friends father and law said he knows of a place that does top notch work which will be probably be the place I have it done at. Basically thats the extent of everything. The interior can come later and thats really simple anyway. Just front seats and the dash. Again its a really nice car though, and im very picky lol, id have to point out the spots for most to even see them. Ill let you know how the quote goes.

Old 08-04-2011, 12:41 AM
Overdrive Member

For 6200 you shouldn't have to much more than wash and wax it. What ever you come up with as a ballpark for bodywork, double it. Then how ever long the guy says he'll have the car, double it. No kidding. Double it.

Old 08-04-2011, 01:32 AM
In the Staging Lanes

I took some photos of the bad spots on the car. Again this might make my car out to look like a pile of crap lol. But in all honesty its a really nice car, these are the 7 lil spots on the car that seem to take that beauty look away from it. The one that kinda creeps me out is the one where i snuck the camera down into the quarter panel of the driver side. Could you guys give me a bit of help on that one after viewing the pics. But what kinda damage are we talking here? from the outside of the car, the quarter panels look fine, no paint or rust showing through, but how bad is the driver side based on the photo ya think? And how about the rust in the tail light area? how do they even fix such a thing? Heres the link, please dont bash me on my $6200 spend lol, again I am hoping this isnt like some work thats gonna be over $2000 or something, i can deal with that. I would hope I wouldnt need a new quarter panel or anything though. The front half of the quarter in front of the wheel is clean. So at worst maybe i would have to get just the back rear quarter panel. All in all though this cars a true survivor and im proud of it.

http://s1102.photobucket.com/albums/...Rust%20Damage/

Last edited by 1975camaro; 08-04-2011 at 04:48 AM.

Quick Reply: 1975 Camaro