1975 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 10:49 AM
Second Generation Moderator
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

As I said, "in my neck of the woods" prices are lower and rust free cars are more common, so that was my why I said it was a bit high. If it's what you want and it's that clean, then work the best deal you can for it.
I still wouldn't go over there and offer a few hundred dollars less, as he wont budge that little. I'd offer at least $1,000 less than his new price, and see what he comes back with. Make sure you've got the entire amount in your pocket in cash, and if he wont take the lower offer cou nter him with a "cash in hand" offer. Make sure you've got the lower amount in one pocket and the rest in another, so when you pull it out he doesn't see you have enough to pay his price. You can always dig out more if he counters with an amount you like. Heck, when I go looking at cars or parts I keep my money in several pockets so it looks like I have to really dig to find enough to buy them.

Old 08-02-2011, 10:56 AM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Yeah, I've been there. I like that magic trick when a buyer pulls out a wad of money and says "this is all I have". Then when you hold out on a higher amount, more money happens to mysteriously appear in another pocket. lol

Old 08-02-2011, 10:58 AM
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by Camaro 69
Yeah, I've been there. I like that trick when a buyer pulls out a wad of money and says "this is all I have". Then when you hold out on a higher amount, more money happens to mysteriously appear in another pocket. lol
No, I never use the term "this is all I have". The seller will always test you. I simply say, "I've got $.... dollars cash." then let it go from there. Had a guy come over recently to purchase an antique rifle I had. Told him the price was firm, and "don't come over if you're not willing to pay the price." He came over and plopped downn a couple hundred less, and I put the rifle back in the case. Then he got up and said, "I'll be right back." Went to his truck and miraculously found $200.

Last edited by 1971BB427; 08-02-2011 at 11:01 AM.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:03 AM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Money is a funny thing. It jumps all over the place so much, it's hard to keep track of it all......I wish!!! heh heh

Old 08-02-2011, 11:10 AM
Overdrive Member

Actually its still cool here in Mi. Hell tell them it was your stepdad at the Secretary of State and they'll waive all tax. No questions asked.

Old 08-02-2011, 01:20 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default Ok

well heres what happened I actually had my best friend act as me because hes really good at negotiating with people on prices. He haggled him down $300 and might have gotten more but i kinda stepped in a bit and shouldnt have lol.

I ended up paying $6200 and I was surprized, as in the pictures the car really is that clean. The only other rust i have to mention is like 3 tiny little bubbles beginning to form in the rear window seal, luckily it hasnt even effected the trunk what so ever. Ill just have someone replace the seal and fix up those bubbles and thats it. The floors were crystal clean and I mean clean clean, even had the factory sound deafoner in the car. There is a tinge of surface rust on the rockers but again I could scrap it off with a file if i choose too.

The last thing and was almost a deal buster was a leaky tranmission pan gasket which about gave me a heart attack. Its alll good though, we are going to replace that in 2 days when i have some time.

I will look into the air conditioning though, and my friends father n law he knows a lot of body men. We all figured for about $700 my car will be basically brand new, as it was from factory so I in other words will have a new car almost for $7000 im pretty siked right now. It runs amazing.

Edit, after careful looking, the rust in the rear window area the bubbles, theres that metal bar in there that acts as part of the seal to window, thats a bit rusty but it kept the body itself from rusting. I got lucky. The last spot i could find was on the passenger side bottom fender near the chrome there a tiny quarter size rusty spot/almost rot thats an easy fix, otherwise this car is completely clean. All problems are listed here and are to my opinion very minor.

Last edited by 1975camaro; 08-02-2011 at 01:54 PM. Reason: editing
Old 08-02-2011, 06:45 PM
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

[QUOTE=1975camaro;557131]well heres what happened I actually had my best friend act as me because hes really good at negotiating with people on prices. He haggled him down $300 and might have gotten more but i kinda stepped in a bit and shouldnt have lol.
QUOTE]

So you negotiated a higher price than your friend was getting???? Guess I'm glad you got it, but a bit puzzled too??

Old 08-02-2011, 07:25 PM
July 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by 1975camaro
I will look into the air conditioning though, and my friends father n law he knows a lot of body men. We all figured for about $700 my car will be basically brand new, as it was from factory so I in other words will have a new car almost for $7000 im pretty siked right now. It runs amazing.
I think you will be OK with that price, but, from what you said, I bet you could have done better.

Let me know in about six months if you spend more than $700. I am betting you will!!! Facts of life!!! Your money spending days have only just begun.

Old 08-02-2011, 09:33 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default he was

saying that he probably could have gotten the car for $6000 because well hes a psyschology major and the guy was cracking. lol I dont know though. Even if I do I wont be upset though. I like the car a lot. One thing though, what is that metal bar type piece that wraps around the inside of the rear window under the plastic? If I have to take a picture i will. I just want to find it and buy it before I take it to my friends father and law, I am going to get the dash and other tiny things a well.

Old 08-03-2011, 07:51 AM
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

BY "metal bar" I can only assume you mean the trim that is under the rear window? If so, then it will have a number of small screws holding it in place and easily removed to replace/repair.

Quick Reply: 1975 Camaro