1969 Camaro Dark Green Seats and Interior

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 02:45 PM
Default 1969 Camaro Dark Green Seats and Interior

I have an opportunity to buy some legit dark green seats and interior. This set has all the seats, headrests, dash and door panels, right down to the original paper "insulation" that was put in the car. Now, I am not exaggerating when I say that these seats are impeccable. Not one rip, tear, crack or other blemish. They are pristine! The owner took great care in making sure that the seats never had any damage. I'm looking to purchase these to put in my car and I have no idea what to pay for them. They are ORIGINAL and perfect. Because of the color and the condition they are in, the seller wants top dollar, but I don't really know what they're worth or what I should pay. The guy seems to know his stuff and states that he CAN get top dollar for them. I've heard stories of people paying thousands of dollars (which I'm willing to do if necessary) just to get original pristine interior especially in these "different" colors. Is there anyone out there that can help?

Old 08-07-2013, 05:23 PM
In the Staging Lanes

They make great aftermarket cover sets for them now and you can't tell the difference because they have the correct grain vynl and the correct houndstooth materials if you want to go that route. I've seen the back seat run about $400 (both the back and the bottom together) and about the same for a pair of buckets (up to about $500). There are 2 different head rests for the buckets, one with a straight mount and one that is slightly bent, depending on the build date. As for door panels make sure that the upper plate is metal and not plastic. The plastic ones are aftermarket replacements. You can buy a complete interior kit from classic part companies for about $1000 to refresh an interior. Comes with headliner, seat covers, dash pad, shelf tray, sail panels, door panels and carpet.
What do you want to do to your car? Does it have headrests already? You can't tell the replacements from the original unless you take the seat covers off and look at the build date. If you're wanting to add headrest equipped front seats because yours doesn't have them you can get them at most swap meets for a reasonable price.
Go with your instinct on what you want to do. That's the best advice I can give for you. If your car is an all original, hard to find matching # car, you may want to go that route. If it's not, I'd go the cheaper easier route.