Help Im Trying to mate a T5 to a 327 in a 68

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 02:04 AM
Default Help Im Trying to mate a T5 to a 327 in a 68

I am trying to put a T-5 into a 68 camaro. I was told that I would only have to if anything re-drill new holes to the cross member and the shifter will move, I belive to the right since it comes out of the top instead of from the left like the M-20 Muncie. I would Like to be sure before I commmite to such a large investment like a T-5. the car will bea daily driver for me and my wife and thats the reason for the swap from Muncie to T-5.
My question is, What year T-5 will I need and should I go with the Non World Class or World Class.

P.S. If anyone has an extra Muncie bell housing, Linkage, 350, or a pair of heads for a 68 camaro please contact me. Or if you know where to get these things or after market replacement please help me out.
Thanks
Alex

Old 02-12-2008, 07:19 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Help Im Trying to mate a T5 to a 327 in a 68

There are plenty of stories out there that can go both way. Of all the research that I have done for my project, I am going with these guys. The have a perfect fit system that bolts right in. I am going for just a standard install since I am rebuilding 90% of everything so I have to cut holes and drill mounting holes anyway. Let us know how it goes!

http://www.keislerauto.com/gm/camaro-gen1-kits.html