2010+ Wheels, Tires and Exterior

Pirelli P Zero Tire Rotation

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 12:54 PM
Default Pirelli P Zero Tire Rotation

Bought my '12 Camaro 2SS convertible "used" in 3/13 - 4700 mi. Took it to Chevy dealer I bought it from for 7500 mi. checkup. Because I had just dinged the driver's side front wheel the day before (slight curb rash), I could clearly tell the tires were not rotated when I picked it up. Explanation I got the next day was the tires were "directional" and would have to be unmounted, turned, remounted to be able to rotate side to side (20x8 on front, 20x9 on rear - side to side rotation only). That kind of rotation is not covered under warranty. I subsequently contacted Pirelli cust. service. They advised the tires are NOT directional and can be cross-rotated (side-side). Advised the dealer service mgr and he said he'll get back to me. Contacted Pirelli cust. service again to ask how often they should be rotated. They responded "Most of the Camaro options are a staggered fitment and can not be rotated front-to-back. You can rotate side to side if you'd prefer. Before I bought the vehicle I asked about tire rotation with different size wheels and was told they would be rotated side-side. I've seen posts in forums that rotating side-side will prolong tire life. What is the correct process here for best maintenance of these tires on my Camaro.

Old 08-15-2013, 10:01 PM
Tech Droid

If you like to buy four tires at one time rotate the tires, but if you rather buy two tires at one time, don't bother rotating them. If the car is properly aligned, the total wear will be basically the same, whether or not the tires are rotated. Personally, I no longer bother rotating tires, I just change the pair that is worn out.
Also, if you drive your Camaro like you stole it, tire life is going to be nil. lol