2010+ V6 Tech discuss modifications to the all new 3.6L v6 here.

Just Bought 2010 Camaro "Need Help"

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 06:11 PM
Tech Droid

Your car is still under warranty, so be careful as to what you are going to mess with. You don't want to risk voiding the warranty and be stuck with some serious bills.

Old 02-16-2011, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by z28pete
Your car is still under warranty, so be careful as to what you are going to mess with. You don't want to risk voiding the warranty and be stuck with some serious bills.

Well yes it is under warranty but shouldn't replacing the exhaust system and air intake not void it? I see alot of people upgrading their cars all the v8's with all the high power gear and i mean i would love for my car to do the same , raise its HP Torque and have a mean sounding machine, i mean i love driving fast on long roads too feels nice in a wonderful car like this.

Old 02-16-2011, 03:05 PM
Ninja Administrator

many of these people dont care about the warranty. you would have to check with your dealer. they may have some aftermarket parts available, but u may get stuck with all SLP stuff with dealer installs if u want to keep the warranty.

get rid of the chip, i have never heard of them doing anything positive for an NA car. Start with exhaust, as full as possible (headers are typically where you will see power rather than a catback) and look into the intakes that people are trying out. a ram air or cold air intake will be fine, just get it from someone reputable and not some ebay garbage that sticks your filter 2 inches below the bumper.

Old 02-16-2011, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by SpecterGT260
many of these people dont care about the warranty. you would have to check with your dealer. they may have some aftermarket parts available, but u may get stuck with all SLP stuff with dealer installs if u want to keep the warranty.

get rid of the chip, i have never heard of them doing anything positive for an NA car. Start with exhaust, as full as possible (headers are typically where you will see power rather than a catback) and look into the intakes that people are trying out. a ram air or cold air intake will be fine, just get it from someone reputable and not some ebay garbage that sticks your filter 2 inches below the bumper.

Well good sir thanks for the advice and help, but taking too the dealers too get installed , im truly not sure because dealers tend too install things and fix things for more than what regular places would charge for. I am truly not sure but from what i read up on they charge more than average and although im new into the car mechanic stuff i still consider that, But for the SLP i could not find any Full System for a 3.6L V6 Engine only V8 which were for off road mainly and were illegal emission inspections. Although if i may have your advice on my idea i am thinking of doing check this out. I was thinking of buying these http://rpidesigns.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=1700 the full KOOKS Exhaust system and then after installation replacing the axle back part with these http://www.lmperformance.com/53622/119.html for that nice sound it makes in the video below on that link. I searched all over from trying too find a SLP V6 Entire system starting from headers too pipes and ending with the axle back but could not find anything that was legal or was a V6 at most. So im open too opinions but i truly need kind of help trying too find the pipes and headers too fit those axle backs cause those for sure i am getting, and i mostly just want too get rid of most stock parts in my car like i said before intake , system , tires , ect. So tell me what ya think on those 2 links i really appreciate it. Oh and for intake i was thinking this http://www.lmperformance.com/53872/119.html an AIR RAID Intake for the V6.

Old 02-26-2011, 03:53 PM

http://www.trifectaperformance.com/

Try these for a proven engine tune

Old 02-26-2011, 04:46 PM
Ninja Administrator

Originally Posted by Hellfighter
Well good sir thanks for the advice and help, but taking too the dealers too get installed , im truly not sure because dealers tend too install things and fix things for more than what regular places would charge for. .
ur absolutely right. I never go to the dealer for ANYTHING - I think most of them are crooks.

however with a new car anything another shop does will typically void the warranty (even if the other shop has better quality work than the dealer... which can be typical). That is just the name of the game with new sports cars. Hopefully you can get the parts you need and everything, but I would go in expecting difficulty

Old 02-26-2011, 05:41 PM
1st Gear Member

My $0.02: After doing whatever you plan on doing power-wise, get it professionally tuned - do NOT just add a "chip". It'll be worth it in the long run. And if you're going to want to keep the warranty, be sure you can go back to the stock tune before taking it in. Also, most dealers won't get too fussy about warranties if you stick to the bolt-ons (cat-back, brakes, etc.), but it's always a crapshoot when dealing with them.

Oh, and if you plan on doing anything more than going in a straight line, I'd look at upgrading the suspension as much as you can - sways/springs/brakes, etc. The stuff used for the V6 isn't meant for any serious performance.

Last edited by traumadog; 02-26-2011 at 05:44 PM.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by traumadog
My $0.02: After doing whatever you plan on doing power-wise, get it professionally tuned - do NOT just add a "chip". It'll be worth it in the long run. And if you're going to want to keep the warranty, be sure you can go back to the stock tune before taking it in. Also, most dealers won't get too fussy about warranties if you stick to the bolt-ons (cat-back, brakes, etc.), but it's always a crapshoot when dealing with them.

Oh, and if you plan on doing anything more than going in a straight line, I'd look at upgrading the suspension as much as you can - sways/springs/brakes, etc. The stuff used for the V6 isn't meant for any serious performance.

True but for a V6 that is as sporty as i want too get even though its 2V lower V6's provided me the best quality over time before, But i seen what some v6 camaros can look like and what they can do and i am very pleased so im just trying too do the best things over a period of time too my camaro atleast trying too reach 400 - 500 HP like you see at professional races and such and i know i most likely wont reach that high but hey i can always replace parts tune things and install better quality items too make the car run better. As far as the warranty and chips go for now ill stick with the warranty and the "Tuning Chip and my Supercharger will be the last things too get" And bolt on superchargers is what im planning too get later on, but as far as brakes and springs go i already had my eyes on brembo breaks but i know nothing about any springs besides injen but they build stuff for mostly jap cars and i think would be silly on a muscle car.

Old 02-27-2011, 06:10 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Hellfighter
... i know nothing about any springs besides injen but they build stuff for mostly jap cars and i think would be silly on a muscle car.
Hotchkis has a fair amount out for the 5th gen - I use Hotchkis adjustable sways on my Monaro clone:

As to where to start, may want to check out what the sponsors on the site stock.

Old 02-28-2011, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by traumadog
Hotchkis has a fair amount out for the 5th gen - I use Hotchkis adjustable sways on my Monaro clone:

As to where to start, may want to check out what the sponsors on the site stock.

What exactly do those do for a car? OR specific what does my camaro gain from those springs and the rest of the stuff

Quick Reply: Just Bought 2010 Camaro "Need Help"