2010+ V6 Tech discuss modifications to the all new 3.6L v6 here.

Do they make tuners for a 2010 V6 Camaro?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 06:13 AM

Unfortunately, they are only tuning the V8. I just checked in hopes they had added the V6

It would be nice to see more options and competition for tuning the V6, but so far Trifecta is the only option.

Old 11-06-2011, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by mp0510
Basically, because the ECU controls the entire powertrain's function, any non-manufacturer modification would void the warranty. However, the V6 ECU does NOT have a flash counter. This means that if you flash a new tune, then flash back to stock, they can't tell that it has had 3 flashes done (1 at factory and 2 by you).

So, if it is a stock tune when they run a diagnostic, then they can't tell anything prior. The V8's have a flash counter, so they are out of luck. The only issue for our V6 ECU would be if you left the custom tune on when you took it in for work.

Also, Trifecta recently did a new dyno test and revised their tune to be able to add 13 HP at WOT at the top end. This also smooths out the entire power curve, so you get a double improvement, even to a stock car with no modifications.

qwThis is discussed at bowtiev6.com and camaro5.com at length in the V6 tuning sections.
Hey all, sorry but to admit I was trolling around the web and came across this thread. Wanted to post a recent experience I had this weekend with tuning camaro v6 from trifecta. I am a dealer near VA beach. The customer had a cai and catback exhaust and had multiple CEL codes and said the idle was rough and accel was down. We uploaded the tune and started and customer noticed change off the back. We took it out for spin and datalogs doing flooring and going to redline and you could feel even power throughout the entire power band. Didn't feel like there were any flat spots from low rpm or highs. Got instant satisfaction from driver.

Just wanted to post to let ppl who were looking into this but had doubts.

Email is sevatrifectatuning@yahoo.com if any questions

Thanks