2010+ V6 Tech discuss modifications to the all new 3.6L v6 here.

Do they make tuners for a 2010 V6 Camaro?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 09:01 AM
Default Do they make tuners for a 2010 V6 Camaro?

I am looking for a hand held tuner such as superchips ect. I am having a hard time finding one for a V6. Anybody have any ideas where I can get one, do they really work, and which is the best one? Thanks fellas.

Old 04-19-2011, 04:08 PM

There is no HANDHELD tuner for the V6. Currently, there is only 1 tuning company able to do a V6 tune. Unlike the V8, this will NOT net you a large increase in horsepower on a stock V6.

Trifecta Performance is the only company that can tune the V6. Vince at Trifecta has a basic "canned" tune, but he uses data logging to perfect the tune to match your individual engine and any bolt-on mods you have done.

The tune does the following:
  • Remove a % of the Torque Management to allow more power to be put down to the rear wheels.
  • Improve shift time and firmness so the upshifts are more performance oriented.
  • Focus on maintaining the ideal air/fuel ratio for these engines.
  • Tweak the timing to maximize chosen fuel octane.
  • Multiple other adjustments to maximize the power of the engine in a safe manner.
The reason you won't see a big increase in MAX horsepower is the LLT is pretty well maxed out from the factory. Only making hardware changes allows the engine to perform any better. Once the hardware is on the engine, then the tune can really shine by adjusting all the ECU variables to maximize the new potential.

Old 04-19-2011, 06:19 PM

A place near me, called Vengeance Racing also has tuning capabilities. They do about the same stuff that the company you listed does.

Old 04-19-2011, 07:04 PM

That is because they are a reseller for trifectaperformance.com. Just make sure they do the data logging and updates for free. Adding a turbo or other significant mod isn't free, but exhausts, cai's, etc. are updated free.

Last edited by mp0510; 04-20-2011 at 06:39 AM. Reason: misspelling
Old 04-20-2011, 11:28 AM

So from my understanding it would be better to add hardware to see more gains in low-end HP?

Old 04-24-2011, 09:05 AM

Yes, adding hardware, such as a cold air induction system or a cat-back exhaust would see more gains. Then the tune can increase those gains even more.

I prefer Roto-Fab, simply because it seals to the hood very well, especially when combined with their wind shield washer relocation kit. This opens up the path from under the fender to the air filter. Some people have added the ADM race scoop to really force feed cold air as well. The Injen long tube is also a top intake, along with the CAI, Inc. one. I can get the Injen for a really good price through Amsoil. PM me if you're interested on that.

Another intake that looks REALLY good is the new Vararam V6 intake. But it just came out, so its pretty much out of stock. It goes over the top of the radiator, so if you go that route, its very unique, but also requires more changes to your engine bay than the others.

Last edited by mp0510; 04-24-2011 at 10:45 AM.
Old 05-16-2011, 03:24 PM

Would the Tuner Chip also Void the MFW?

Old 05-17-2011, 06:36 AM

Basically, because the ECU controls the entire powertrain's function, any non-manufacturer modification would void the warranty. However, the V6 ECU does NOT have a flash counter. This means that if you flash a new tune, then flash back to stock, they can't tell that it has had 3 flashes done (1 at factory and 2 by you).

So, if it is a stock tune when they run a diagnostic, then they can't tell anything prior. The V8's have a flash counter, so they are out of luck. The only issue for our V6 ECU would be if you left the custom tune on when you took it in for work.

Also, Trifecta recently did a new dyno test and revised their tune to be able to add 13 HP at WOT at the top end. This also smooths out the entire power curve, so you get a double improvement, even to a stock car with no modifications.

This is discussed at bowtiev6.com and camaro5.com at length in the V6 tuning sections.

Old 05-19-2011, 07:45 AM

^ Good Info ^

Old 05-26-2011, 03:00 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by stopphn
I am looking for a hand held tuner such as superchips ect. I am having a hard time finding one for a V6. Anybody have any ideas where I can get one, do they really work, and which is the best one? Thanks fellas.
SCT Makes GREAT Tuners. they where always big on mustangs and now they getting into the new camaros.

BAMA Tune FTW

Quick Reply: Do they make tuners for a 2010 V6 Camaro?