Windscreen for '13 convertible

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 10:32 PM
Default Windscreen for '13 convertible

I will be getting my new convertible late this week or next week. The dealer has given me $750 for accessories. One of the things I am thinking about is the windscreen that goes behind the front seats. If I had that I would probably be able to have the top down more often when the wife is with me. However, I can't see the windscreen until I buy it, but I have a few questions about them that I am hoping someone on this forum can answer.

1. Can the windscreen be installed and removed easily? 2. If it is removable, can it be folded for storage in the trunk? 3. Can the back seats be used when it is in place? 4. Is it effective?

I am hoping that someone here has one or knows someone who has one that can answer my questions and give me the pros and cons of having one. It is rather expensive and I would hate to use a large portion of my gift money on something that I won't be satisfied with or can use. Thanks.

Old 06-11-2013, 03:09 PM
Official GM Representitive

Originally Posted by ExMiataOwner
I will be getting my new convertible late this week or next week. The dealer has given me $750 for accessories. One of the things I am thinking about is the windscreen that goes behind the front seats. If I had that I would probably be able to have the top down more often when the wife is with me. However, I can't see the windscreen until I buy it, but I have a few questions about them that I am hoping someone on this forum can answer.

1. Can the windscreen be installed and removed easily? 2. If it is removable, can it be folded for storage in the trunk? 3. Can the back seats be used when it is in place? 4. Is it effective?

I am hoping that someone here has one or knows someone who has one that can answer my questions and give me the pros and cons of having one. It is rather expensive and I would hate to use a large portion of my gift money on something that I won't be satisfied with or can use. Thanks.

Hello ExMiataOwner,

Sounds like a great deal! In terms of your questions, please reply & private message me those along with you VIN number and I will see if I can gather some information for you.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care