price on the new camaro

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 11:40 PM
Default RE: price on the new camaro

Yup...for a loaded ragtop with 500 HP they can have my $$ right now in advance....even if the damn thing did burn premium. It would still be cheaper than a blown mustang ragtop with a solid rear axle and a crap selection of options. I hav'nt heard a good thing about those shelbys anyhow except that they seem to run OK without breaking down. No really great evaluations have been posted by writers, except to say that once they get running good in a straight line they're pretty good at it. I've read complaints about them being slow to respond, but beauty may be in the eye of the beholder. I do believe they are one great looking car though in both hardtop and ragtop form. But not worth the $$ especially when the dealers around the Detroit area area asking a premium over the sticker price. Sticker on the shelby ragtopI saw at a dealer is$43,000 and I don't know if that included every option or not.

Old 03-23-2007, 10:38 PM

Just happened (literally) to be driving past the Ford dealership tonight and saw a Mustang GT ragtop sitting outside on display. The sticker was a little over $35,000 with the 4.6 liter. It was equipped, and probably with all options. With that in mind I'd bet the loaded Camaro ragtop will be at or near $40,000 by the time it comes out.

They had a few Mustang Saleen's too.....$60,000 sticker.

Old 04-12-2007, 02:42 AM

im new to the forum, but im actually a sales man at the chevy dealer here, the new camaro has alot of speculation and buzz going around.. It will be a higher priced car from what the owners are sending down to me. Think about it this way a Pontiac solstice... I know i know dont comment, is about 28,000 for the middle of the road model and thats a tiny lil two seater rag top. Now your talking a bout a car with 400 horsepower and the 6.0 standard expect 30,000 at the bare minimum is what im looking at, and in todays chevy you can add 15,000 dollars worth of accessories, heated seats, leather special paint, leather, blah blah blah, the list goes on and on, and im gonna guess their will be some sort of bigger engine upgrade available too dont let 40,000 scare you when our c06 corvette on the lot with 395 horse power is listed at 58,000. In comparison its still much more affordable, and slightly following the trend of todays mustang.

Old 04-12-2007, 04:01 PM

Yea, I've been figuring a loaded one would come in at around $43,000, and I'm sure it will have more options available than the ShelbyGT500.BUT....if Chevy starts doing that same crap as Ford with not giving the cars to customers but letting the dealers sell them on EBay I'll be walking right out the door and never buying another GM product for the rest of my life. Thats a bunch of crap...and Ford is pissing off a lot of customers (like me). They can take their products and shove them for not letting me even get on a waitinglist for a ShelbyGT500. We consumers buy more Ford products than collectors....but collectors are all they seem to care about.

Old 04-15-2007, 02:56 AM
3rd Gear Member

The price of a new Camaro will have to be lower than a new Corvette, I'm thinking probably about $30-$35,000 for a loaded V8 at most. If they were to sell 5th gen Camaros for $43,000 why buy it when a base C6 is $44,000? This is no different than before, V8 Camaros will have the same basic engine as the Corvette of the time, will be tuned down, andwil be at least $15,000 cheaper.

Old 04-15-2007, 10:59 PM

I'd love it if you were to end up being correct......but with MSRP on the GT500 ragtop currently being $43,000 + and prices going up in the next two years I would be quite surprised if the Camaro ragtop came in at less than that with more options than the mustang. I can only hope.....and keep saving more cash for the downstroke until these come out. I am also considering putting a "backup order" on the books at a different dealer in case mine tries to whack me for over MSRP when the car finally comes in.

Old 04-16-2007, 11:06 AM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr

Dude! please pick just 1 font. its annoying.

Old 04-18-2007, 01:05 AM
3rd Gear Member

It probably would be a good idea to place another "back up" order, I know that some places would charge $5000 over MSRP for the new 300's when they came out.

Old 04-19-2007, 01:07 AM

if they price it at 43,000 it will more than likley fail like the gto i hope gm paysattentions to these forums.

Old 04-19-2007, 11:16 PM
1st Gear Member

I'm pretty sure that the SRT8 is up around $38,000 and that's pushing 420 horses last time I checked. My guess is that the v8 vert won't be too far off from that. While I wish it were more affordable (me being 20), I'm expecting somewhere between 35-40 k for the v8.

Quick Reply: price on the new camaro