2010+ General
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang forums can't stand the truth

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 11:19 PM
Default RE: Mustang forums can't stand the truth

I called a few dealers further from home, and got promises from two of them that if I put $1000 down on the Camaro ragtop right now they would not charge me over MSRP when it comes in. SothenIcalled the sales manager at my local dealer whereI put $500 down back in january, and I told him what the other dealers said about promising me the price. I told him I refuse to be a victim of the crap that Ford is letting happen with the GT500. He promised me MSRP and sent me a new receipt with that promise clearly written on it and signed by him. They would not even talk about possible price when I ordered it in January. I wonder why the change of heart?

Old 04-24-2007, 02:52 PM
Overdrive Member

if you really see a car you want just buy it, i dont think the color is really a big deal

Old 05-01-2007, 08:14 PM

ORIGINAL: Hisss04Cobra

Crabs in your pants?
nah i just like to voice my opinions

Old 05-08-2007, 01:52 AM

The problem with the dealers jacking up the price is happening on GM vehicles too. I recently bought a Pontiac Solstice GXP (my wifes toy) - Some dealers were getting 15k over msrp initially...And they were so arrogant. I bought mine at sticker (never thought I'd pay sticker for a car - oh well!) and when I filled out the survey I said I wanted someone from GM to call me to discuss the problems I encountered with these dealers. They called, but it was someone from customer service, who was probably located in India and didn't know jack, so I'm not sure I got my point across. I suspect when the 5th gen comes out, dealers are going to hike up the prices quite a bit initially.

Old 06-08-2007, 04:20 PM

I spoke to my local Chevy Stealer and the First Camaros that roll on to the lots WILL BE Marked up 20K. He says that they will be
Limited Production the First year (late 07 or early 08 realese)

My Father-in-Law was able to get me a 2007 GT500 at sticker because he is a General Contractor and buys many fleat trucks
from them and they will wave the markup because he is a VIP..... Grrrr I will have to go to Ft Lauderdale to get it...( I live in DC)

Old 06-08-2007, 07:33 PM
In the Staging Lanes

ORIGINAL: jacksonh

New member here - I just sold my 530 HP 2003 Cobra (crying as I type this) - I was looking to purchase a new Shelby GT500 but am totally disgusted with Ford and the $20K over sticker price quotes.As a result, Iam now converting and going to purchasea new Camaro SS and make some necessary modicifactions to have another 500-600 HP car. The body style is far superior to the new Shelby and base Mustangs in my opionion. Look forward to hearing more about this car - just e-mialed a local dealer for some more info. on specs.

What are the best power addrers for the 6.0 L V-8- heads/cams or blower ?
We converted another one! Just want to say welcome to the forum. (Put up a post in the new members area if you havent already)

Old 06-08-2007, 07:53 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Ya another mustang forum that cant handle the truth is mustangmafia.com, my co worker goes on there and talks about "stangs" with them. So I went on there and told them about the real man's cars. (and woman's cars...incase bigblockhemi or any other ladies read this). Lets just say I wasn't with the "in" crowd there. Lol

Old 06-30-2007, 01:21 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Wow. Sure are a lot of mature responses in here . . .

I've owned a '65 Mustang, a '69 Charger, and my current toy, a '91 Camaro. They all had their strong points and weak points. Even when I was a die-hard Ford fan, I still had nothing bad to say about the small block Chevy engine. And Mopar styling was WAAAY better than GM or FoMoCo in the early '70s. And GM was the only company in the late '70s to build a car like the '77 TransAm, which still kicked *** despite the gas crunch while Ford was building glorified Pintos and calling them "Mustang IIs".

My point is, every manufacturer has had strong points and weak points. Not all Fords suck. Not all Chevys are high-quality.

And as for the dealerships . . . they are a crapshoot. Very few dealers will deal honestly with anyone. When the local dealership got the new GT500 in stock, the original sticker had a $20,000 bump in price. The next one they got? Went for the sticker. Whatever. Whenever a new model comes out, they always try to screw the consumer with claims of demand out-pacing the supply. So you deal with it. I was waiting for a year for the new four-door Wrangler to come out in '07. and when it did, the dealership wouldn't honor the corporate partnership discount that my company gives us for all DaimlerChrysler products. So I waited a year, and now they do. I was at the Jeep dealership this morning ordering it.

The problem isn't that the dealerships are asking more than they are worth; the problem is that morons with more money than sense are PAYING what they are asking!

Old 07-09-2007, 07:13 PM

Hey guys sorry to tell ya but GM is going to do the same thing that Ford has already done, its not the factory but the Stealerships that are going to screw the public in marking up MSRPs. If you think GM has anything to say about the markups your wrong , the dealership is the one that sets the price with the supply and demand rule and its not pretty. Ive got roosted for 8K over MSRP on my 07 Cobra. Cant wait for the Camaro and hope its all they say its going to be.

Old 07-10-2007, 03:03 AM
4th Gear Member

Wow... We cant handle the truth at mustang forums? How bout you handle this, the Shelby GT will rag on anything Chevy puts to compare it. Its got 500 HP stock... yeah its blown but whats Chevy got that puts out 500hp off the assembly line.. Their the next best thing to the friggin Ford GT... I think ur just a lil sore in the *** that you couldnt by one of the fastest modern muscle cars on the lot... boo friggin hoo you couldnt buy one kuz they put it on ebay.. and as for price... What the hell do you expect? They make money off of all the Commoners with their base model GT Edges and S197s... You went to another forum to rag on their cars.. what did you expect to happen? If someone came here and said Mustang is god and all Camaros suck what would you do? Especially if they ran back to their forums and cried about everyone here not being able to accept the truth..

As for my opinion, you can get a dirty old Foxbody and turn it into one FAST machine with a minimum wage salary... weight andperformanceproduct availability and priceis what ford is best at when it comes to mustangs.. In all the Jegs catalogs i get theres always a section for Mustang performance.. i rarely see a exclusivly camaro performance page. If I could id find a nice 1993 Notchback Mustang GTand turn the engine into a friggin rocket and blow the doors off everything and anything on a dirt cheap budget... But thats what EVERYONE does so its hard to find a decent car to put together for racing on a budget because everyone has been there done that.

Quick Reply: Mustang forums can't stand the truth