2010+ General
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang forums can't stand the truth

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 01:31 PM
Default Mustang forums can't stand the truth

I actually considered picking up a Mustang to "get me through" these tough times until our 2009 Camaro's come out. I gave up....very poor selection of anything, no desireable colors in stock etc. Very poor planning by Ford...but in the process ofresearching the potential productI get VERY pissed off after finding out that I could not buy a Shelby GT500......because every Ford dealer gets them in stock and sells them to the highest bidder on Ebay! Oh yea....for $20,000+ over sticker price! GRRRRR....so I started going to the Ford and Mustang forum and voicing my displeasure and slamming Ford Motor for their incompetence at going broke while allowing the dealers to rip off their customers on the pricing, wasting 3 pages of their brouchure advertising cars a customer cannot buyetc. And guess what??? All of my posts on the subject got removed! FORD CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!! Heres big Mustang info site you can go to and give them some more truth they cannot handle if you wish. The posts will stay up for a couple days ..... http://www.stangsunleashed.com/index.phpgo rag on them and brag about our camaros etc....its fun!

Old 04-08-2007, 01:35 PM
Default RE: Mustang forums can't stand the truth

And yes....they are doing the same thing with their newest "special editions" that are coming out.... the Bullet, Mach, Boss and Shelby KR (king of the road). That one should be renamed "king of the collectors" since you will never see one racing from a traffic light on the street unless its on the way to a museum....

Old 04-08-2007, 02:14 PM
Tech Droid

Don't just rag on Ford, seems that most car companies do it with their limited edition cars. They allocate a number of cars to each dealer, according to how much business the dealer is bringing in. The dealers are allowed to charge whatever they can get, as the sticker price is just a suggestion. I was at a Chevy dealer lasr week helping my son buy a V8 Monte. There was a Z06 in the showroom, with a sticker price of over $70K. Asked the salesman how they were selling. He said they couldn't get enough even when asking 15K over sticker. Said they sold the previous one for $88K on E-bay.

Old 04-08-2007, 03:40 PM

That just ain't right Pete....why does'nt the manufacturer just raise the sticker price then and make the bucks they are crying about not having? Joe Blow is coming into a dealer and buying a standard car...and he is subsidizing the extra cost of making the limited edition car so that a dealer can mark it up and make quadruple the profit the manufacturer is making on it, and so some collector can put in in storage and brag about how much he paid for it. Around the Detroit area Z06 cars are going for sticker.....they only went over for a while after they came out. And I don't believe the Z06 is a limited edition car anyway. Its only limited by how many people want to pay the higher sticker price of it (like the original Mustang GT500, Indy Pace Car Camaros, etc). Nobody would care if the manufacturer set a high price on their product, but when a dealer will not even sell you one or let you get on the list to order one thats another matter. I AM on the list at my dealer for the new Camaro convertible, and my dealer has sold the Z06 at sticker in the past to buyers who were on the list. That is quite different from what Ford is doing in addition topumping out with a new "limited edition" car every 4 months to attempt to pique the interestin a car whose sales are down 19%. They need a lesson in marketing 101 if they don't want to **** off all their customers further down the road. Chrysler made the same mistake with the ChargerSRT by not offering desireable colors to 5.7 buyers....then offering the desired colors only in a limited edition SRT car, and with no option for interior colors. Ya gotta give the public what they want or they will find something else they want someplace else instead of having the attitude of "build it and they will come".

Old 04-08-2007, 04:29 PM
May 2007 ROTM

It doesn't make sence,thats why some of us buy them used and fix them up. Sure you'll spend a ton, but you do both ways.

Old 04-09-2007, 03:33 AM

hey not to steal anyone's thunder but lets not forget the mustang has for the most part consistently outsold all other pony cars. this has alot to do with how diverse they are. and i got to say the dealer i got my stang from (im not proud of it but i love muscle cars in general and since there arent any ones with bowties on them i went for the stang) has been nothing but helpful. and if you want to make your mustang yours order it. frankly i love my white with blue stripe gt, but i still cant wait for the camaro.

Old 04-09-2007, 09:02 PM

Thats a big plus for the stang....you can get enough parts to turn it into anything you want. They said you can put everything in a new one for $2856 to make it identical mechanically to the Shelby GT (which is available) for $7500 thru their aftermarket Shelby division. The only thing you don't get is the Shelby engraved plate on it (and probably some paint difference too). The Camaro is gonna have a hard time catching up to that well established program.

Old 04-16-2007, 03:34 AM

im gonna agree with 74454bb buyin them used and fixing them youirself is more fun and more rewarding, it lets you do whatever you want instead of...." Wll sir im sorry but the manufacturer only offers it in these two styles" forget that, if i want to make a car into a t-top then im going to, if i want a sweet street car, i can make it, or i can even go the other way and make it a track car. Buying newis just not my thing. Think of it this way, Everyone says " i only paid$24K for this brand new Mustang" ...yeah? and? i paid 100$ for my car, 8 grand in parts, built it myself, and it will still outperform you. Who ended up on top? OH NO!!! my car isnt made in 40 other countries and assembled in america!?!?!? Oh well. Not only was my car made in america, but it also costed me $16K less than the genius that went to a dealer and said " i want a car that looks cool and will make people notice me" Used and fixed is the way to go, otherwise all were doing is phasing out the real classics with some "comemorative" body style.

Old 04-16-2007, 03:44 AM
2nd Gear member

Crabs in your pants?

Old 04-20-2007, 11:13 AM

New member here - I just sold my 530 HP 2003 Cobra (crying as I type this) - I was looking to purchase a new Shelby GT500 but am totally disgusted with Ford and the $20K over sticker price quotes.As a result, Iam now converting and going to purchasea new Camaro SS and make some necessary modicifactions to have another 500-600 HP car. The body style is far superior to the new Shelby and base Mustangs in my opionion. Look forward to hearing more about this car - just e-mialed a local dealer for some more info. on specs.

What are the best power addrers for the 6.0 L V-8- heads/cams or blower ?

Quick Reply: Mustang forums can't stand the truth