Camaro vs Challenger

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 09:56 AM
Ninja Administrator
Default RE: Camaro vs Challenger

its already a fact taht the charger doesnt really compete. too heavy to utilize its power, over priced......

it appears as if the challenger is following suit. too bad, i would have liked to see a "hemi' contender come out weighing in around 3300 lbs. lord knows theres almost zero aftermarket for them, so they need something

Old 02-12-2008, 11:58 AM

ORIGINAL: SpecterGT260

its already a fact taht the charger doesnt really compete. too heavy to utilize its power, over priced......

it appears as if the challenger is following suit. too bad, i would have liked to see a "hemi' contender come out weighing in around 3300 lbs. lord knows theres almost zero aftermarket for them, so they need something
A high 4 second 0-60 and high 12 second 1/4 mile Challenger SRT8 isnt going to compete? lol. Thats already faster then the Mustang GT and as fast as the new Shelby. As I said, will also be faster than any Camaro without an SS badge, so I am not sure what you guys are talking about.

Old 02-12-2008, 02:20 PM
Ninja Administrator

ORIGINAL: Mr. E

ORIGINAL: SpecterGT260

A high 4 second 0-60 and high 12 second 1/4 mile Challenger SRT8 isnt going to compete? lol. Thats already faster then the Mustang GT and as fast as the new Shelby. As I said, will also be faster than any Camaro without an SS badge, so I am not sure what you guys are talking about.
first of all
The 425-hp V8 hooks to a five-speed automatic transmission with a manual-shift mode. It also uses a sturdier prop shaft, beefier rear differential and stronger axles, making it identical to the drivetrain used in the Chrysler 300C SRT-8 we tested last year. That car pulled a 5.7-second 0-to-60 time and ran through the quarter-mile in 14.1 seconds at 105 mph. Putting the Charger through similar testing netted a 5.4 0-to-60 time while taking 13.5 seconds to clear the quarter-mile at 105 mph. With curb weight, tire size and gearing the same in both models we can only conclude that the Charger's cold-air induction is really working. Well, that and the usual variances between test vehicles and testing conditions.

While i know 13.5 is not all this car is capable of, that IS Mustang territory. and a 105 trap speed (thank god they gave that, because most people just tell u the ET) means we are talking somewhere in the neighborhood of low 13s. I dont know if ive ever seen a documented 12 on any srt8 vehicle. The best shot would probably be the magnum sad to say....

as per the bold part, the showroom stock record for Fbodies is not held by an SS but a z28. the SS and z28 have exactly the same power in late model fbodies. and that record is 12.8.

Old 02-12-2008, 03:03 PM
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TheStig

New challenger > New Camaro
i agree. without knowing many numbers, looks wins it, and that challenger is BY FAR sexier.

Old 02-12-2008, 03:27 PM
1st Gear Member

I'm really suprised how many people on this forum prefer the Challenger. It may look as good or better, but I think people might change their minds when they see the performance numbers and interior of the new Camaro.

Old 02-12-2008, 04:06 PM
Ninja Administrator

I just hope dodge decides to put this thing on a last minute diet. if it does the car will be very impressive.

also, if some aftermarket companies would make even some basic boltons the sales would go way up for this thing.

why do u think the mustang does so well? even in 05 there was alot of aftermarket available for these cars. the random driver could slap on an intake and a mail order tune for a couple hundred bucks and have a "pony all their own". i was on a dodge forum for a bit just reading around and it seemed as if pretty much nothing was available and its been a few years.

Old 02-12-2008, 04:16 PM
4th Gear Member

im a old school MOPAR fan, and Ram1500 Lover. other than that chevy > all.... but MOPAR is bringing old school back, and is doing better than anyone else at it(for looks) so far. hopefully it performs just like the y use to.. but didnt hte old ones use to be boats too? and yet, they were some of the fiercest things around..

also, i thought there was ALOT available for the HEMI? the "wells boys" around here, all they have is lowered dodge trucks, dakotas, hemis, and SRTs. and not a single one is slower than a 12. there fastest is a 9 or so. alot of them they run with the 19, 20, 21, and 22 inch rims too. beds, full interiors, and all that.

Old 02-12-2008, 04:27 PM
Ninja Administrator

are they self fabricated parts? on the dodgeforums.com site, they were having a hard time finding parts, alot lilke the v6 guys around here. choices are limited.

Old 02-12-2008, 04:40 PM
4th Gear Member

i dont know. i know they, their dads, grand dads, and great grand dads have been into dodges and some chevys since the 50s.

Old 02-12-2008, 04:42 PM
4th Gear Member

and to be honest with you, hardly any of them work, and not many stay in school. most of them live in huge houses too. i know there's drugs involved, but not to a major extent. im guessing they make a **** load off of their races somehow

Quick Reply: Camaro vs Challenger