Camaro or Mustang....??

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 07:49 PM
Default Camaro or Mustang....??

I owned a 2008 Corvette and modified it to 700 hp.
I then sold it and I bought a 2011 M3 and loved the car however I am disappointed and thinking about buying a Camaro SS or Mustang.

Here is the problem with the M3:

1. NO Service manual. As friggin stupid as that sounds its true. BMW has no service manual. You can sign up for their web page that gives you information for 200 bucks a month...are you kidding me??? Forget it...
2. Cost of parts. Seriously normal parts and performance parts are stupid expensive. Not worth the gains and without a service manual you have to get someone else do it for you....what is the fun in that ..forget it.
3. M3 owners really are jerks...I have been on the forum and compared to Corvette owners M3 owners are not true car guys. M3 owners don't get their hands dirty, they have performance parts installed for them, take their cars in for all their maintenance etc. ....they bought the car for one reason only - to show off to their friends. Get this they had a thread just discussing what watches they had and how much they cost....losers.

I love all cars but I am looking for something I can modify and have fun with not just drive around.

So I cant make my mind up Mustang 5.0 or Camaro SS??

I like them both so much that I cant seem to make a decision. What made you pull the plug on a Camaro versus the rest???

Old 11-01-2013, 01:45 AM
1st Gear Member

My uncle has a 2010 2SS. He got the auto, which was 400 HP and that thing HAULS! so, I would recommend the Camaro over the Mustang simply becuase it always seems like Chevy "one ups" Ford. I havn't had any experiance with the new Mustang's so I can't give an opinion with much merit. But I will say I think the new Mustang's look awesome, and are probably very decent cars for the money. My uncle said he hasnt found one thing he disliked on his 2010 SS....Idk what your budget is but the ZL1 is a bad *** car for its price but also the top SS model is a sick car too, and after some mods with be even more potent. good luck!

Old 11-01-2013, 08:33 AM
In the Staging Lanes

If you like to modify.....then, I would go with the Camaro. The Camaro still uses a push rod V8 and it is the easiest to modify (heads, Cam, Valve train & gears) plus, parts variety is plentiful. The camaro has a modern suspension compared to the mustang but, the camaro is much heavier! The Mustang, a tune, CAI, headers and gears will get that car into the low 12 second range and 11's if you go with a very aggressive tune but, be wary....cylinder #8 failure. Research that. The Mustang's engine a a very complicated engine and not fun to work on....as far as internals go. It is very easy to install a Boss intake along with a supercharger or it is easy to install a whipple type super charger....either one of these will get the car into the deep 11 second range and I would install a turbo on a camaro vs a supercharger. Either Mustang or Camaro, both will be fun but, a BUILT SRT Challenger is not something seen very often....look into that, although they are heavy and there is also the new C7 Vette???

Old 11-01-2013, 12:36 PM
4th Gear Member

I'd get the C7 when it comes out. Or, find a 99-02 fourth gen. and build that up. Parts are plentiful, and they don't have the weight the 5th gens do. You can creep into the high 11s with the right fourth gen without even touching the inside of the engine.

Old 11-05-2013, 08:35 AM
1st Gear Member

The general consensus seems to be mustang for drag racing, camaro for dd or track racing. My experience at strip is they are fairly even and it comes down to driver as I've seen go both ways and never seen go one way on best of three one usually pulls out one of the three. If you want something different that no one can just go out and buy and basically be on same level get a second gen and surprise everyone that ever pulls up beside you with a warhorse under he hood. It really is a personal choice though as every one has their own opinion but what you want is really all that matters. I will say for certain that none of the new ones are as fast as their reps in my opinion, but love them all. Good luck.

Old 11-08-2013, 05:23 PM

Thanks everyone! I am looking for a Camaro, I had a friend that has a Mustang and he had a cylinder #8 failure. Seems the 5.0 Coyote engine has a problem with this. I think Ill stay away from that...lol

Last edited by Darkone; 11-08-2013 at 05:37 PM.
Old 11-09-2013, 08:55 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by Darkone
Thanks everyone! I am looking for a Camaro, I had a friend that has a Mustang and he had a cylinder #8 failure. Seems the 5.0 Coyote engine has a problem with this. I think Ill stay away from that...lol
The cylinder #8 problem generally happnes with the Bama 93 octane tune and Ford will not warranty the engine once a aftermarket tune has been installed. So, a 91 or 89 octane tunes have had no problems and if the car remains stock there is no problem and if so, Ford will warranty the issue. It's a rare condition. I'm with you, my next car will be either the 1LE or a ZL1...not sure yet. The ZL1 has a tiny 1.9 liter supercharger, maybe get a 1LE and put a larger 2.3 liter SC or bigger and get much more HP vs the ZL1 1.9 and save a ton of money and go much more faster. I'll be trading in the stang....soon!