2010+ General
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Sue, Buy another Car (not GM), Drive it anyway and hope for the best
Sue?
0%
Buy another car (not GM)?
0%
Drive it anyway and hope the stop leak holds?
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

2010 Camaro w Coolant Leak from Heads (low miles)

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2017, 09:30 AM
Angry 2010 Camaro w Coolant Leak from Heads (low miles)

Hey everyone! I am really angry and thought I would reach out to see if anyone has any suggestions. I have a 2010 Camaro which I have owned since February, 2010. It had 6,000 miles on it when purchased. It now has 62,400 miles on it. I treat it like a baby, and even warm it up before I drive it each and every time (which makes my friends crazy, but I believe it makes the engine last longer). However, apparently none of that matters.

It is leaking coolant from the head. My mechanic tells me it is a common Camaro problem and that the only way to fix it is to replace the motor and that GM should issue a recall for it, but has not done so yet. I called GM but they basically said "there's no recall for it, so we aren't going to do anything." I temporarily have stop leak in there, which is holding, but that won't last long I'm sure. Selling vehicles with defective motors is just wrong on so many levels. (Sorry. Getting angry again.) Oh, and it is also throwing codes for the timing belt/tensioner (which mechanic indicates does not need to be replaced, he did something and the light will turn off until I get about two miles down the road, and then it comes back on again).

I paid more for this car than any car in my past. In fact, I had decided that I wanted to only buy American vehicles. But now, if GM does not step up, then I will not be comfortable ever buying any GM again because if they don't take care of their customers and step up when they produce a vehicle that has defects, then they don't deserve my business and I can go elsewhere. Of course, Camaros and Corvettes are my favorite and they'd be out.

Short of having my attorney file suit (which would be easy for me, since I work at a law firm that specializes in litigation, although I have never sued anyone in my life), which I am quickly getting angry enough to do, does anyone have any suggestions? I should not be having these problems at this low mileage. Plus, I am a rather conservative driver and take care of my vehicle. There is no reason that I know of for this to happen.

Any ideas?

City Girl

Last edited by CityGirlAlways; 03-03-2017 at 01:52 PM.