2010+ General
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Camaro w Coolant Leak

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2017, 01:15 PM
Default 2010 Camaro w Coolant Leak

My 2010 Camaro has a coolant leak. Last year it had a coolant leak and I was told the water pump was out and replaced that. A month later, another leak. Water pump was not not functioning properly so shop replaced it under warranty, no charge. That was around October, 2016.

Now, it has a leak somewhere but it is not really leaving any puddles. So, of course I took it to the shop. I just got a phone call from the shop and they tell me it is leaking from the back of the engine, but since it is running fine they suggested we try a stop leak for radiators and see if that helps. I was told the only other option was to replace the engine, which of course I cannot afford.

So, any ideas? This has absolutely been my favorite car I've ever owned, but I'm not a mechanic and my dad now lives 2 states away and is too old to work on cars any more (boy, do I miss him fixing everything for me! Family mechanics are awesome!). Is it time to sell it while it still runs?

(Other info: I bought it used with 6,000 miles on it in February of 2010 and it presently has 62,000 miles on it. I always warm it up properly before driving. The engine is not knocking. The only things I've noticed with the engine is I have had a light on for probably 9 months, which if I go to Auto Zone says that I need a new timing belt. Two different shops have told me I don't need a new timing belt, just need to put some additive in the oil and eventually it will clear up (I was originally changing the oil every 5 months as the owner's manual suggested, but was told to do it every 3 months, which I have been doing). Other thing is if it rains a LOT, then there is something that kinda squeals in the engine. Not real loud, but it is strange.)

Any helpful advice?