2009camaro = volt????/ make sense now??

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2008 | 07:25 AM
|
Default RE: 2009camaro = volt????/ make sense now??

The way I see it GM cannot afford NOT to make the transition to electric.....or it is the end of the story for the big three!!!!.....and life as we know it in North America...the transformer is about to change America,,,for the better....hooray for GM..Hooray for American know how...Things are about to get a whole lot better!!!

Old 12-28-2008 | 11:13 AM
3rd Gear Member

Unless the price of $35,000 to $40,000 for the volt can be dropped considerably or gas prices go up to to $5.00 a gallon it (the VOLT)will not have significant sales. If the gas prices do go up and the electric car technology starts to be a threat to the oil producers the oil producers will just lower prices its the same way they will controll the ethanol producers. I also wonder who will buy this new technology from a company that is barely viable..... I believe the technology should be advanced and made econmically viable,it is just not somthing that will get GM out of the hole in the short term.

Old 12-28-2008 | 11:43 AM
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ken lawson

The way I see it GM cannot afford NOT to make the transition to electric.....or it is the end of the story for the big three!!!!.....and life as we know it in North America...the transformer is about to change America,,,for the better....hooray for GM..Hooray for American know how...Things are about to get a whole lot better!!!
...... I was gonna ask this earlier but i decided to be polite and wait it out... but does your family have a history of mentalretardation? I have heard no such thing as a full electric Camaro and the last thing i DID read was that GM had to cut the Volt because it would be too expensive both to build and buy. Like the 08/09 Super Duties at work. they are all like 40+ grand. Not alot of people (though we do sell a small number) can afford that, so they buy used 06s and 07s for a few grand less with a couple miles.. People will be waiting for ever to get a used Volt because only a few people will have them (for those who actually want that ugly pos). Therefore it will no happen.

Old 12-28-2008 | 12:11 PM
Ninja Administrator

did you really make a new thread on the same dumb topic as before and offer NO info in the OP?
the Volt will not happen for a few reasons:
as previously stated, there is NO 2009 camaro, so please, at least have a halfway intelligent thread title next time.

the Volt has not been mentioned by anyone of importance, and NO, some motard on camaroforums named ken is not a person of importance. you may LIKE to see the volt, but to act as if its a certainty just because it makes sense within your constricted little world is insanity. go get medicated

the pony cars have, and always will be, the poor man's sports car. even with a growing price tag and added "cush", these cars are designed for 1 thing: nostalgia. I can see it now:
ORIGINAL: dissapointed chevy dealer shopper

"wait..... so ur telling me this is a camaro that sounds like my vacuum cleaner? you mean.... I cant even buy it new exhaust? [>:] well, how am I supposed to make it faster, make it meaner, make it mine? I suppose I could usean energizer lithium.... they power spaceships and whatnot on tv, thats gotta be good for 10s right?"

if we get an all electric sports car from GM, it will not ride in on the fbody platform. I would look for it to use the old GTO shell, or something in the pontiac G series. inthe end stages of developement for 2010 its just too late to put the engineering into a new powertrain for the car. ur living in a fantasy world man. this is not going to happen for you. go buy an insight

Old 12-28-2008 | 12:30 PM
Ninja Administrator

and ya ok.... Im not going to allow 2 threads with worthless first posts to run on the same topic. feel free to link to here or to quote from here, but contain your crap to a single thread