07 Camaro VS 07 Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2005, 05:45 PM
Administrator
Default RE: 07 Camaro VS 07 Mustang GT

please refrain from double and triple posting...it wastes space...if you have more to add, please click on the "edit" button at the top of your post.

Old 07-01-2005, 06:49 PM
Banned

Wait a minute. How did the GTO get in to this discussion. I thought this thread was about the 07 Camaro vs. the 07 Mustang GT.

Sure they make 6 cylinder Mustangs. They always have. I seem to remember Camaros with sixes too. It would seems that some women driving around in sixes might help keep the car alive so that we can have some V8's.

"Go back to the Mustang forums"? What fun is your fantasy football if all the players are on the same team. The Mustang forums are full of those too. Relax and try to see it objectively.

There wouldn't have been a Camaro if the Mustang had not created the segment in 1964. Chevy & Pontiac responded in 1967. Both car were offered in V8's and V6's. Both engines sold will in both cars. Over the next few years both car grew way to big. Ford's answer, the Mustang II (Pinto). Yes, it was an awful car. The worst I car I ever owned. My ex had to have it. But it actually sold well, and it kept the name alive until 1979 when they built the Fox platform. Meanwhile, the Camaro continues to grow and become more powerful and more expensive. In the Early 80's Ford leaked the idea that the next Mustang would be front wheel drive. Mustang enthusiasts were not too happy with this and started a letter writing campaign to Ford. They restyle the car in 1994 and it sold. The front wheel drive car became the Probe and it was killed of after a few years for poor sales. The Camaro and Firebird sales numbers combined were not as high as the Mustang. GM discontinued the Camaro because it was no longer selling. You tell me why. Was it because they were too expensive? Some of the previous posters seem to say that. Was it beacuse they didn't have any room in the hatch? Was it because they were big? You are the Camaro faithful, where were you when they needed you to support your nameplate? Ford responded with a totally new car that has a wide range of models and buys and once again has a success.

I am not saying that it is the perfect, ultimate, be all end all car. But they are effecting Ford's bottomline and that enables us to have the car our way, and to have a car period.

I'm sure that GM will once again get back in to the game. But the blame for them getting out falls to the "Camaro enthusiasts" that like to talk about the virtures of their cars, but didn't support it with purchases. I'll even bet that when they get back in, with another Camaro or whatever, they make some sixes so that they can sell enough of them to also build some V8's.

I'm not saying that Mustang people aren't short sided too. The Mustang forums are filled with people who are taking this far too serious and are just being fanatical about it. They get all worked up about cars that aren't being built yet too. They are complainin gright now about how their dealer doesn't know anything about specs and options for the GT 500. They have been like this for the last few years with the new Mustang. These cars are concept cars until the dealer get the order sheets. These "07 Camaros" that you are talking about are the same thing. These are not even in the concept stage. The pictures you have are not even from GM.

I stumble across you forum looking to see if there is anything concrete about a new Camaro. I don't see it. I am not so shortsighted to believe that Ford has all the answers. I like cars and honestly hoped that I could see something interesting. Talk about things real. Arguing about things that aren't get us nowhere.

Old 07-01-2005, 07:36 PM
Administrator

If i am not mistaken, no one here was arguing, until you were so kind as to grace us with your presence. I brought the GTO up because it is what replaced the F body, for the time being, and you seem to really dodge my comments, and I am guessing that is because you do not have a good rebuttal. One of the people you are bickering with said IN THIS THREAD that he liked the new Mustang.

While there may not be a Camaro now, at least GM never reduced themselves to the Mustang II...[:'(]

Old 07-04-2005, 03:09 AM

I have never owned anything but Chevy's, but I love Fords and here is the reason, I'm a tech so working for Ford I know that my bills and rent are always paid, but you can only soak your hands in s*** for so long before the oder gets to you [X(]. The main problem is Chevy wil not "offically" enter the racing field. If they would and transfer the tech into their production cars they would sell more and perform alot better.

Moderator note-
Realizing that your new, im just warning you about the language use. there is NO foul language permitted here at Camaroforums.com, thank you NJ85Z28

Old 07-05-2005, 08:06 PM

Well I just hope they do make the 07 Camaro.

Old 07-06-2005, 10:50 AM
Banned

What are you talking about? It seems he replied to all of your comments. Did you read the article in the link above? He is right. GM missed it again.

Also, the pictures we are looking at (2007 Camaro) are old and are nothing more than drawings. I saw some of them several years ago in either HOTROD or POPULAR HOTRODDING. It seems that they were done by some kid that had nothing to do with GM. Why are we getting excited about these? GM's designers surely have their own ideas and they will dictate what the car will look like and be like. Anything else now is uneducated speculation. I'm sure that they'll likely show something this winter in Detroit. We will have something to talk about then. All we are doing now is looking stupid to the Mustang people who evidently are watching us.

Old 07-06-2005, 03:35 PM

ORIGINAL: nj85z28

YEA THEY DID AND IN FACT I OWNED ABOUT 8 V-8 CAMAROS THAT USED TO TEAR MUSTANGS APART. ITS CALLED GROWING UP, AND WHEN I GOT TIRED OF GETTING TICKETS AND LOSING MY LISCENSE I BOUT A SUPERCHARGED GRAND PRIX THAT HAS ALREADY TORN A BRAND NEW GT STANG APART. GO BACK TO THE MUSTANG FORUMS WHERE THEY APPRECIATE MORONS LIKE YOU
Stock Pontiac GTP will not beat a Stock 05 GT. Given the Drivers are the same. I Owned a 99 gtp, Still own a 97 Z28. and have my 06 Mustang on order.

I dont dislike any of the cars mentioned, more less the people posting about them.
Just another AMD versus Pentium discussion that nobody ever wins.

Personal preference the Mustang is way more comfortable to drive, especially on long trips. More room in the front/rear/and trunk in a Mustang than a Camaro. Not to mention better gas milage, more heads turned, less money. Pros outweigh the cons when it comes to comparing both.

Im not gonna go into performance comparison since I have yet to drive a GT. But grab a magazine like motor trend and look at the numbers for yourself, The Mustang is faster.

Why so much hate! arent we all sport car enthusiest? yes, I cant spell.

Old 07-06-2005, 09:03 PM
Senior Administrator
February 2012 ROTM
May 2012 ROTM

since we have people here seemingly to start arguments in this thread, i am locking it. grow up guys