07 Camaro VS 07 Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 10:43 PM
Senior Administrator
February 2012 ROTM
May 2012 ROTM
Default RE: 07 Camaro VS 07 Mustang GT

its a well known unconfirmed rumour. but when mustangs are sucking new camaro exhaust dont come crying about Ford Boy

Old 06-30-2005, 10:47 PM
Administrator

right...and GM will keep producing GTOs that will kindly usher it out of the way..

Old 07-01-2005, 08:31 AM
Banned

That's right, I almost forgot about the goat. That is selling in such big numbers that I see one almost every week. That is the problem. I am talking about successes, you people are fantisizing. Check this article out. It was written by someone with strong GM ties. http://www.autoextremist.com/page2.shtml#Rant

The GTO is another example of an overpriced car that has missed the mark. Pony cars, (Mustangs, Camaros, Firebirds, and Cudas. I don't remember GTO being in that category. Weren't they muscle cars?) were afordable. The new Mustang is afordable. How much is the new GTO? How much was the last Camaro & Firebird? The Mustang is selling, because it is a good value, just like it was in 1965. Sure some idiots are letting the dealers take them for $10,000 over sticker. Something I can't understand, but they are paying it. Also these dealers are pissing off long time Ford buyers by doing this. I am sure that will bite them in the end.

I'm not trying to convert you guys, but try to live in the real world. GM did miss the boat again.

Old 07-01-2005, 08:35 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: bernynweelz

Wuzzap yall. here's my 2 sense. the only stang that is gonna tuch a vette is the s7. the new high performance stangs from saleen in cali are going to around 425-450hp. those numbers are created using a supercharger.NOW, lets go to the new charger. 425 hp. W/O A SUPERCHARGER. just a 6.1 litre hemi. now when you supercharge its gonna go sky high. dodge has ford beet on this. now to the camaro. the rumors that ive herd in 08 there is gonna be a 6sumthin litre put in the camaro. that is gonna have em all beet. ima dodge and chevy man. mustangs have turned into chik and mom cars. my g/f's mom has 1. u aint gonna catch me driving 1

I sense that beets have something to do with it.

Old 07-01-2005, 08:37 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: nj85z28

its a well known unconfirmed rumour. but when mustangs are sucking new camaro exhaust dont come crying about Ford Boy
Did I see that you have one of those "supercharged v6's"? Didn't they still make Camaros in 2001?

Old 07-01-2005, 02:57 PM
Senior Administrator
February 2012 ROTM
May 2012 ROTM

YEA THEY DID AND IN FACT I OWNED ABOUT 8 V-8 CAMAROS THAT USED TO TEAR MUSTANGS APART. ITS CALLED GROWING UP, AND WHEN I GOT TIRED OF GETTING TICKETS AND LOSING MY LISCENSE I BOUT A SUPERCHARGED GRAND PRIX THAT HAS ALREADY TORN A BRAND NEW GT STANG APART. GO BACK TO THE MUSTANG FORUMS WHERE THEY APPRECIATE MORONS LIKE YOU

Old 07-01-2005, 03:10 PM
Administrator

mustang guy...why did you bring up price when i brought up the GTO? there is no "pony car" anymore, and there is no "muscle car" anymore. There are just performance cars, and if youre going to gripe about price, then you shouldnt be into cars, because they are all no more than money pits. Indeed, the new GTO is more expensive, but it also out performs the GT. Price isnt relevant in this discussion. The of the matter that the GT is in direct competition with the GTO, and with GMs recent financial issues, and the big discounts, it makes the price of the GTO much closer to that of the stang. As for not seeing them, it must be your area. Everyday in my travels, I see at least 5 new GTOs, and i probably see just about as many new stangs, but I see ALOT more V6 stangs than i do GT. what ford has done is make the mustang a middle aged womens car, and that is who is buying it. The take rate on the V6 is very high, and an astonishing number of new Mustang buyers are older, women, or both. ford wanted to bolster sales, and they did a fine job of makin this new stang look like the original, but all that has done, is that every older person who wanted one back then but couldnt afford one, is now buying this one. The majority of the people who are buying this car are doing so because of the way it looks, not because of the way it runs.

Yes, the return of the Camaro is uncertain, especially considering the financial condition of GM, but should they recover, anyone who is in the know about cars will know that there is just NO way that GM will keep the Camaro name out of the rce for long, and even though youre a mustang guy you should know that.

and before you start in with the "you drive a camaro" nonsense...i dont...so save it.

Old 07-01-2005, 04:56 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: DarkBirdZ28

Wow you all are right. When the Camaro's and Firebirds first came out they were what $1200.00. When GM stopped the line up they were sitting around $35,000-$38,000.00. for crying out loud for 10k more you can buy a vette.
You're right price has nothing to do with it.

Old 07-01-2005, 04:57 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: nj85z28

think about it...the 02 camaro, fully decked out was like 38 thousand, or damn close cuz i looked at one with full leather interior, SS Z28, power, body kit and everything....you can get a Corvette for a lil bit more
Opps, ther I go talking about price again.

Old 07-01-2005, 04:59 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: DarkBirdZ28

lol not anymore. I work at a dealership and the corvettes are selling for $57,000-$64,000. I think $22,000 is a good amount to keep and put in the camaro
Where am I getting this?

Quick Reply: 07 Camaro VS 07 Mustang GT