Anyone hearing the gasoline sloshing ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 03:33 PM
Default Anyone hearing the gasoline sloshing ?

Hello everyone, I bought my new 2012 camaro and I am very happy with it, but lately I have been hearing the gasoline sloshing when I shift from D to R, and the gas tank is 3/4 full or less, I took it back to the dealer, and they told that it is normal.
I was wondering this is happening only in my camaro or if all camaros do that .
Thank You for your comments in advance.

Old 04-20-2012, 03:52 PM

I haven't noticed at all, but I'm driving M6. I have read about this issue on other forums though and they all seem to conclude this is normal. Hope that help ease your mind...

Old 04-20-2012, 07:06 PM

Alfredo, Yes I've heard it a couple times now and I only have 614 miles. It happens just as you explained. I'm not worried at all and I think it probubly IS normal. However I would be worried if I started smelling raw fuel or detected a leak.

Happy motoring!

Old 05-10-2012, 06:20 PM

I have the same problem and was told It was normal too. I explained that the 15 cars I had before this never had that problem and that I didn't pay $45000 for a car to hear gas sloshing every time I stopped. But GM don't seem to give a **** that their car seems cheaply made. If they don't solve the problem soon I'm going back to a ford.

Old 06-04-2012, 02:19 PM
Default gasoline sloshing update

Well my friends, I have talked to many camaro owners about this problem, they said that they can hear it too.
Solution :
- Most people said, keep the radio on .
- A Mechanic told me that I can put Foam into the the gas tank, but another mechanic said that the Fuel Gauge will not work.
- GM might do something about it ( like redesign the fuel tank), but there is not enough people complaining about it; and even if there is, it will not be for free, because it is not a safety issue.

I know about some people complaining about this, when they first came out, (2010), I wonder why nothing was done to fix this problem the following years ..............

Old 06-05-2012, 08:22 AM
Official GM Representitive

Originally Posted by alfredo1000
Well my friends, I have talked to many camaro owners about this problem, they said that they can hear it too.
Solution :
- Most people said, keep the radio on .
- A Mechanic told me that I can put Foam into the the gas tank, but another mechanic said that the Fuel Gauge will not work.
- GM might do something about it ( like redesign the fuel tank), but there is not enough people complaining about it; and even if there is, it will not be for free, because it is not a safety issue.

I know about some people complaining about this, when they first came out, (2010), I wonder why nothing was done to fix this problem the following years ..............
I am sorry about the frustrations that you may be experiencing with the issue. Have you taken the vehicle to a dealership for diagnosis? Please let me know. You can also shoot me a PM at anytime.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service

Old 06-05-2012, 02:53 PM

I hear it also....not bad enough for me to complain about though. My biggest complaint is being I came from a Ford product with "sync", the system that Chevy uses sucks. I had a little family car that cost $18,000 new and the sound system puts the Camaro's sound system to shame. The sync works 1000 times better than the system they put in the Camaro for Blue tooth phone use, and, with the Ford, I get Turn by Turn directions FREE for as long as I own the car. I didn't have to pay this monthly fee for this OnStar Crap.
Also..I could go on my computer and enter any location and send it to the car...and the car didn't have to be running. I could even go on the computer and limit the speed of the car like if I had a teenager driving it. Chevy is about 5 years behind in technology. Other than that....I know this sounds dumb...but I love the car.

Old 06-26-2012, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
I am sorry about the frustrations that you may be experiencing with the issue. Have you taken the vehicle to a dealership for diagnosis? Please let me know. You can also shoot me a PM at anytime.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Hello Brandon, as I said on my first post, I took the vehicle back to the dealer, explained the problem, and they told me that there is nothing they can do. I dont know what is a PM, but this is my email: edgardiazm@hotmail.com .
Everytime I hear this sound, it makes me feel like if I have diarrhea...........

Old 06-26-2012, 03:11 PM
September 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Dynamat the rear of your interior, perhaps?.... If its normal and not a saftey issue, GM isn't going to do anything to fix it. So take it to your local car audio installer/retailer and have them dynamat the rear of your car. You won't hear it anymore and should eliminate some road noise in the process.