Wheels, Tires and other Exterior Talk about your rims, body kits, and other exterior mods here.

Cowl Hood Scoop

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 09:22 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default Cowl Hood Scoop

I'm looking for a steel cowl hood scoop for my 3rd Gen Camaro. Rather than buy a coplete hood with scoop I'd rather just weld one on. I know I'v e seen them somewhere but haven't been able to locate one again. Point me in the direction of a seller for just the scoop. Thanks all,
C-Car

Old 06-01-2008, 09:15 PM
Roy
Default RE: Cowl Hood Scoop

I too have a 3rd gen and not sure which way is best to go; a non functioning scoop just welded to the hood can be found in both the Summit & Jegs catalogs. I believe the complete hood from Harwood or Year One would be the best choice for functionality, clearenceand rigidity. I don't know about you, but I could use more clearenceand I thought about going the "scoop" only option but then I think I'd need to cut the framing of the hood above the engineto clear a taller intake and air cleaner. I might be wrong and there is no hood framingabove the center of the engine. Thestock hoods are faily flexable and I believe would not tolerate any reduction to their framing hence my thought to go with a complete scooped hood from Harwood.

Good luck, hope thatyou find the scoop yuou are looking for.

Roy

Old 06-01-2008, 09:26 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default RE: Cowl Hood Scoop

Well now that's more to think about. I hadn't covered the flex problem. I could weld in more stiffeners if needed. I'll go check both stores for the scoop. I know I've seen the weld in or pop rivet in scoops that give the apperance of a Harwood full hood. But finding them again has been a pain. I have to have a hole in my hood to clear the breather. I'm installing a EFI unit Eldebrock model 3500 & I'm sure it will be too tall for thestock hood. Thanks for the reply. I'll post photo's of my car when I learn how
CCar