VS Cars going head to head!

trans am ws6 vs. camaro ss

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 05:15 AM
Default check your facts!

Originally Posted by camkid
the ss has about 15 hp more and weighs 150lbs less.....all in all the ss would beat the ws6 by about 1 sec in the quarter...........but im kinda bias, becasue this is called camaro forums!!!!!!!!!! go for the camaro!!!!!!!!!!and yes they are the same

Um these specs are incorrect. The ws6 has 345 horsepower and the camaro ss has 320 . Also the ws6 beat the camaro in the quarter mile according to motor trend . Bias yes and misinformed.

Old 02-21-2010, 05:23 AM
Default I'm calling bs on this one!

Originally Posted by carguylt1
The camaro seems faster I have seen it on the street. My LT1 was faster than a LS1 T/A. as far as price the TA normaly is more expencive but they come with leather, monsoone, and all the look good package.
wow this is bull***t there is no way a stock lt1 would beat an ls1. I have a '95 purple lt1 t/a and a sport gold '98 t/a and my ls1 would kill my lt1 in a race and they are both stock minus the flowmaster exhaust. check the specs and test drive an ls1 if you can't afford one.

Old 02-21-2010, 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by 02SLPSS
Id Go camaro too, cuz i owned a 2002 Z28 with aftermarket air intake and it had 342 gears and i would walk the WS6's

bull no way with 320 horses would you beat a 345 horse pontiac with the same mods. get real people somehow your car harnesses that hidden horsepower and somehow your camaro is different from all the others? As for the origonal question I would get the Trans am ws6 . If you are looking for more H.P. or better looks . compare them side to side and the camaro looks like a plain stripped down version of the ws6.

Old 02-21-2010, 06:07 AM
Default another genius

Originally Posted by 2002CamaroSSM6
Hey bro if you looked at all of the posts you'll see that both cars the SS and Z28 are both the same performace wise there is no difference with the ram air hood as with the regular hood.

Check motor trend . there is a horsepower difference . ram air = 20 more horse power over stock . It forces air into the throttle body and intake . You wont pick up a difference on a dyno due to the fact that the car is stading still and a large fan in front of the vehicle won't compensate for this . The car has to be moving .

Old 02-21-2010, 03:13 PM
I dont like my title

i have also seen the ws6 spank a ls1 ss camaro stock to stock but for the money id say id have to go with the ss camaro or trans am be4 a ws6.

Old 02-21-2010, 03:31 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by breagles
compare them side to side and the camaro looks like a plain stripped down version of the ws6.
Personaly I love the sleak, clean uncluttered look of the Camaro.

Last edited by Ca_Rick; 02-21-2010 at 03:41 PM. Reason: 1
Old 02-22-2010, 07:51 AM
ROTM Winner
ROTM Winner's Club

holy thread revival batman! this thread was started in 06!

but anyway...the ws6 and the SS were pretty much the same performers. so it really comes down to what you feel looks better. i personally feel there's not a better looking car than a black camaro SS(yes i'm very biased, lol...but i got exactly what i wanted).

i personally wouldn't buy a car so closely matched because one has a slight edge on horsepower. if i like the car, it has power and can be easily modded to make plenty more, what else do you need?

Old 02-22-2010, 02:59 PM
3rd Gear Member

Its all cosmetic, both are great cars, the reason some might be faster is because driver, conditions like wind and ice, and of course factory freaks. I personally like the ws6 maybe its its because i have a camaro and dont want to have 2, either way you cant go wrong

Name:  037.jpg
Views: 1688
Size:  85.5 KB
Name:  2001_Camaro_SS_black_SLP_grille.jpg
Views: 1692
Size:  37.4 KB

Old 02-23-2010, 04:28 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by breagles
Check motor trend . there is a horsepower difference . ram air = 20 more horse power over stock . It forces air into the throttle body and intake . You wont pick up a difference on a dyno due to the fact that the car is stading still and a large fan in front of the vehicle won't compensate for this . The car has to be moving .
ur funny lololololololololololololololol

Old 02-28-2010, 07:20 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by YouLost
heh.. the ss is not faster in a quarter by no second, and they are exactly the same in hp / tq ... exactly same motor and all, WS6 = SS.

The only way that guy was right is if he was saying a SS vs a regular firebird

Quick Reply: trans am ws6 vs. camaro ss