VS Cars going head to head!

Talon vs. SN-95 4.6L GT

Old 01-24-2009, 01:50 AM
Third Generation Moderator
March 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club
Default Talon vs. SN-95 4.6L GT

Before I say anything, I've been having issues with my serpentine belt- it squeals like mad between 1000 and 2000 rpms, and the car lags like nothing when it does. I've been meaning to take it in and get it replaced- just haven't had the time.

But anyway, driving home from my evening job tonight, I caught sight of a Mustang driving somewhat aggressively, so, I start thinking I might be able to have some fun with him. Due to a recent spell of warm weather, the roads are all pretty clear, so we were safe there. I caught up to him, passed him and changed lanes in front of him, then stomped it- this was simply to goad him into the race. I don't have the brand recognition my IROC-Z does, lol.

Anyway, we come up to my favourite racing light- nice long straight with a simple, easy s-curve that turns it into a full highway.

I tried to rev at him since he didn't seem interested at first- but that just caused a nice, loud belt squeal and nothing else. Anyway, the light changed and I stomped the gas- I keep the car in Power mode pretty much all the time now, so whatever~

At first I wasn't sure if he was going for it- he kinda lagged behind me for a bit- but he caught on and picked up pretty quick and caught me at about 110 km/h, going about 10 faster than me.

After that we let off the gas, and I caught up to him, put the window down (in -25 weather, even) and gave him a thumbs-up. Got a wave in return and we went on with our evenings~

So I lost, which isn't a huge surprise, but it was kinda fun.

I miss my Camaro though :/ It might've won. And would've been more fun to drive. I miss RWD.

Old 01-24-2009, 04:29 AM
4th Gear Member

The belt squeal shouldn't be affecting your performance. I had a HORRIBLE squeal too. Then I had all my belts replaced and it went away. My eclipse wasn't running very well by any means but unless your belt is completely slipping and not rotating something it shouldn't make you lag.

Old 01-24-2009, 12:59 PM
Ninja Administrator

-25 weather is a warm spell? you in denmark or something?

Old 01-24-2009, 01:17 PM
ROTM Winner
ROTM Winner's Club

canadia spec...canadia

Old 01-24-2009, 01:19 PM
Ninja Administrator

canadia

i dunno man, Ebony always struck me as a little finnish.......

Old 01-24-2009, 02:04 PM
March 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by Spartan66
The belt squeal shouldn't be affecting your performance. I had a HORRIBLE squeal too. Then I had all my belts replaced and it went away. My eclipse wasn't running very well by any means but unless your belt is completely slipping and not rotating something it shouldn't make you lag.
I just had all of my belts replaced- the one must be faulty or something, but I'm gonna take it in again as soon as I get a chance. I can tell ya the car barely responds at all until it's past 2k rpm.

Originally Posted by SpecterGT260
-25 weather is a warm spell? you in denmark or something?
After a warm spell. It ended. Almost two weeks we floated around freezing temperature, with a peak of 10C. -25 isn't too bad. This time last year it was -40.

Originally Posted by SpecterGT260
canadia

i dunno man, Ebony always struck me as a little finnish.......
Nope, Alberta born and raised, lived here almost 22 years~

Old 01-24-2009, 02:08 PM
Ninja Administrator

rubber tends to harden when its that freaking cold there in finland. maybe thats why it was squeeking. i wouldnt do anything drastic about just yet

Old 01-24-2009, 02:27 PM
March 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Well- better safe than sorry, right? I'll at least have them check it over again, 'cause it's loud, persistent, and getting worse.

And it used to stop once I'd been driving a good 10 minutes or so, but it doesn't anymore.