VS Cars going head to head!

Talon vs. Accord coupe

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 11:50 PM
Third Generation Moderator
March 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club
Default Talon vs. Accord coupe

Well, on the way home from work tonight, I came across an interesting prospect- Accord with deleted badges, tinted windows, smoked taillights, the whole deal. No spoiler though, I guess his park bench was being shipped through FedEx or something, 'cause we at Canada Post would have had it to him already.

Anyway, I go to goad him into a race- people don't automatically want to anymore, since I switched cars. :/ Simple enough stuff, I pull into the lane next to him and accelerate to just past him, something along those lines.

We end up at a red light, at a decent enough spot- soon as it changes, I floor it. Turbo lag loses me some precious moments but I hold next to him up to about 90, 100 km/h, and he pulls just ahead of me and lets off the gas- so it would have seemed I had done a bit of a flyby, but truth is I simply let off the gas a moment later.

Was interesting, although I dunno if he had the V6 or just a 4, since he took all his badging off except the wondrous, amazing H logo.

Old 12-07-2008, 04:54 AM
NOOO they be stealin' my bucket
ROTM Winner's Club
Default RE: Talon vs. Accord coupe

DONT TALK TO ME ABOUT TURBO LAG[:@]. JK the 4G63 1st gen has a better turbo then the second gen its a TD04 15D if i am not mistaken. What kind of turbo lag are you having? I ask because it might not be turbo lag it could be your injectors loading up and your dumping too much fuel. I say that because you should not have nearly any lag in that car even stock they have very little. Any way that ends my rant good kill man.

Old 12-07-2008, 04:59 AM
4th Gear Member

These cars arent that bad. Mines not turbo and i need to get the trans problems sorted out and the timing set but its got reasonable power for its weight and can really get moving when you want it too.

Old 12-07-2008, 05:05 AM
ROTM Winner's Club

Spartan> [sm=chairshot.gif]<CBR......

Old 12-07-2008, 06:12 AM
March 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

ORIGINAL: cbr600rx7

DONT TALK TO ME ABOUT TURBO LAG[:@]. JK the 4G63 1st gen has a better turbo then the second gen its a TD04 15D if i am not mistaken. What kind of turbo lag are you having? I ask because it might not be turbo lag it could be your injectors loading up and your dumping too much fuel. I say that because you should not have nearly any lag in that car even stock they have very little. Any way that ends my rant good kill man.
Probably less than half a second- just while the car revs up to ~2500rpm where it spools up and gets going.

Edit: Also, I didn't win- I kept even with him to about 90 km/h, then fell back to his rear bumper and that was the end of it.

Old 12-07-2008, 11:17 AM
4th Gear Member

What the hells wrong with you? [sm=dontgetit.gif] ... I wasnt even talking to you...?

Old 12-07-2008, 01:34 PM
ROTM Winner's Club

ORIGINAL: Spartan66

What the hells wrong with you? [sm=dontgetit.gif] ... I wasnt even talking to you...?
Just giving you a hard time man.

Old 12-07-2008, 03:43 PM
ROTM Winner's Club

ORIGINAL: Saint Ebony

Probably less than half a second- just while the car revs up to ~2500rpm where it spools up and gets going.

Edit: Also, I didn't win- I kept even with him to about 90 km/h, then fell back to his rear bumper and that was the end of it.
Hmm... What kind of mods are you running if you dont mind me asking.

Old 12-07-2008, 07:39 PM
March 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

100% stock.

Although, as of the 12th I will have a block heater and 2-way Command Start. This's my winter car, I don't need 5 million horsepower Name:  emot-v.gif
Views: 29
Size:  953 Bytes

Old 12-07-2008, 07:58 PM
Ninja Administrator

DSM guys ALWAYS claim they are stock

Quick Reply: Talon vs. Accord coupe