VS Cars going head to head!

RX7

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 11:14 AM
Default RX7

Last night at about 12:10a.m me and a buddy were on our way to Safeways to a beer run. We were in his 1992 Toyota MR2 turbo with a Gen3 motor swap with the bottom end pretty much built with god knows what and a T78 turbo setup???? Well anyways we are just coasting doing the usual 35mph to be on the safer side (had a few drinks) and newer Mazda RX7 passes us by at about 40mph and an unusual rumble, and the plate reads "0Pistons" I then look at my friend and ask "wtf is that" he replies "yeah rx7 1.3 liter twin turbo rotary engines"

Then we saw him up ahead at a stop sign, just waiting for us. In my head I thought it was gonna be a easy kill. So we looked at each other I ask "on the 3rd honk?" he just smiles and revs and so do we. HONK HONK HONK "errrr pshhhhh" we take took off and the rx7 was spinning (we thought) then we hear RUMBLEEEEEE and zzzzzzzzippppppppp the rx7 passes us up and it was supercharged!!! I yelled "holly sh%t wtf was that, go get your GTO and stomp on him" then I look at my friend with confusion and asked "I thought you said they were turboed??" my friend was like uhhhh "I have no clue what just happened" Angry and upset that we lost to a 1.3 all that I could think of was get to Safeway pronto so I can get my damn beer.

The Safeway shopping center was nearing and we were still behind him coasting and there was a gas station near by the rx7 turned in and so did we. We get out of my buddies car and the rx7 was rumbling extremely odd I asked the guy "hey what ya got in there" he just smiles and said "here lemme show ya" He then popped his hood and I grabbed my cell phone and pressed a button to get some light. It reads "Corvette LS6" w/ cam and a vortech sc setup. I thought I have seen it all until that night... No **** we lost his motor is bigger then his car!!!

We got home and I got to my computer downed my beer and went to youtube and searched for these LS setup in imports and few came up... wow I must of been drunk.. well check it out

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zyzHKhg_hqE

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tianB2-x1TA

Old 07-10-2008, 04:32 PM
NOOO they be stealin' my bucket
ROTM Winner's Club
Default RE: RX7

This is normal. A lot of 2nd and 3rd gen owners love to swap out for the LS1, LS2, LS6, and even LS7. Not to say the 13BTT is not a good plat form to work off of. The 3rd gen can be built to match a near stock LS1 for about 3000 bucks. (Turbo back exhaust, filter, injectors, FMIC and a good tuning map) will make her a force to take on a near stock LS1