VS Cars going head to head!

Ran a GTO

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 12:58 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Ran a GTO

No, not the new one, a real GTO. Must have been a 66 or 67. Anyway, I was just crusing on the highway on my way home when Icome up on the rear of the GTO. It was loud, I was probably 2-3 cars behind him and could hear his car over mine. I went to pass him, I had no intention of racing, but he stayed right beside me and gave it a little gas,just enoughto get the car to jump forward a little. It was an older guy probably in his 50's lol. We were going about 55 and who am I to turn down running a muscle car, so I dropped it in third. I started to go about half throttle and he got on it and I put her the rest of the way down. Got up toaround 120with the front of the GTO at my rear bumper. We ran a second time with the same result.It sounded like he had a big block in it, but can't be sure. It was fun reguardless. I've had some good challenges in the Z06, first a new Vette and now a GTO.

Old 06-21-2008, 10:22 AM
NOOO they be stealin' my bucket
ROTM Winner's Club
Default RE: Ran a GTO

The C5Z06 is a great match for the LS2 vette i think she has a little edge on her but if i remeber its close. Good kill on the Old GTO. I would say the LS2 GTO is still a GTO