VS Cars going head to head!

Raced a cop.

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 01:11 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Raced a cop.

Or he thought i was trying to anyway.

I'm sitting at a light going uphill, on my way home from work (6:30 AM) and a cop rolls up next to me. It was raining lightly (enough to make everything wet)

I'm sitting there minding my own business, not really paying attention. The light turns green and i hit the gas not realizing how wet it really was. I lose traction and start to spin the tires, quickly letting off the gas to get traction again i go on my merry way.

About this time the cop gets behind me and on come the lights.

He pulls me over and the first words out of his mouth are "Were you trying to race me son?" I honestly didn't know what to say. I was so shocked that a cop actually asked me that i was basically stunned. I then went to explain how Rain + RWD and a fairly large engine going uphill leads to traction issues. He then gave me a ticket for unnecessary display of power, which i had thrown out at court the following week. The judge basically laughed at the charge after i explained the conditions.

Cops are crazy around here.

I've also been pulled over 3 times for not wearing a seatbelt. Even though i do have one on, they just can't see the lap belt...

Edited for language.

Old 12-10-2007, 01:35 AM
2nd Gear member
Default RE: Raced a cop.

dude, how can you have it thrown out the next week? there's always over 30 days before time ticket was issued and the court date

Old 12-10-2007, 02:08 AM
1st Gear Member

Fine a little exageration of the time of ticket/court date.

Happened a couple months ago, i think i have the ticket lying around somewhere. I'll scan it!

Old 12-10-2007, 02:24 AM
3rd Gear Member

yea, un forinate that some are like that. My frind has a 1972 ford (yea...I know) And he gets pulled over all the time for seatbelts to. Do cops not realize cars had lap belts? Hes been pulled over for that twice by the same officer...

Old 12-13-2007, 08:03 PM
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jbf101

Or he thought i was trying to anyway.

I'm sitting at a light going uphill, on my way home from work (6:30 AM) and a cop rolls up next to me. It was raining lightly (enough to make everything wet)

I'm sitting there minding my own business, not really paying attention. The light turns green and i hit the gas not realizing how wet it really was. I lose traction and start to spin the tires, quickly letting off the gas to get traction again i go on my merry way.

About this time the cop gets behind me and on come the lights.

He pulls me over and the first words out of his mouth are "Were you trying to race me son?" I honestly didn't know what to say. I was so shocked that a cop actually asked me that i was basically stunned. I then went to explain how Rain + RWD and a fairly large engine going uphill leads to traction issues. He then gave me a ticket for unnecessary display of power, which i had thrown out at court the following week. The judge basically laughed at the charge after i explained the conditions.

Cops are crazy around here.

I've also been pulled over 3 times for not wearing a seatbelt. Even though i do have one on, they just can't see the lap belt...

Edited for language.
didnt know they had a ticket for that

Old 12-13-2007, 11:22 PM
Overdrive Member

That's the ticket you'll get if you're doing a burnout at a stop light and a cop sees you. Moral of the story, don't be dumb, so you don't have to worry about tickets!

Old 12-15-2007, 01:39 AM
In the Staging Lanes

lol, yeah. If I ever want to screw around, I go to an Industrial Park that I know right around the corner from my house. Never any cars, and lots of space. Nice and safe

Old 12-15-2007, 03:13 PM
4th Gear Member

where do you live N/A? [&:]theres a industrial park right around corner from my house too... it's just a mile long 4 lan wide, without paint road that NO ONE is on after 5PM. they do ALOT there. unofficial times and everything