VS Cars going head to head!

my stock 94 lt1 camaro vs unknown year edge mustang= ugly for me

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 04:15 AM
1st Gear Member
Default my stock 94 lt1 camaro vs unknown year edge mustang= ugly for me

im sure theres a something wrong with my car but i kinda plan on getting rid of it so i raced a 99-03ish mustang gt. he said he had all the bolt ons and auto with the shift points changed so i figured wht the hell. from a roll around 45mph i floor my car and the tach revs up and im waiting for the shift forever, never kicked down i geuss. i think he got me by 2-5 car lengths, it wasnt pretty, same time each thing. so im curious if my tranny should act like that. i swear my car feels like if i had a m6 i would have him. i geuss this is normal right. his friend said the car has at the wheels what i would have at the crank. on the way back my car kinda did its weird idle lurch, and kinda felt gutless a few time when i hit the gas so i geuss somethings wrong. my car feels like the shifts in the wrong spots. maybe my ecu has been messed with my car came with a k&n intake and a hypertech pcm piggy back so who knows. i swear my old beat up 5.0 was faster than this 107k car. somrthings not right here. i kinda wonder if my cat is plugged too

Last edited by hoursetraitor; 01-15-2011 at 10:43 AM.
Old 01-15-2011, 09:41 AM
2nd Gear member

Get it dyno tuned!

Old 01-15-2011, 10:46 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by MaVeN
Get it dyno tuned!
it would cost more than i want to spend and the closest shop will just dyno it, he wont tune it. so somethings wrong with my car i would think though, plugged cat, vac leak which ive checked for, trans problems with the new trans, it gets 13mpg so i know somethings wrong. probably that pile of opti****

Old 01-19-2011, 01:37 AM
In the Staging Lanes

sounds like you need a tranny... you should be able to get a good rebuilt with shift kit tranny for around 600 bucks.. while you have it out toss a 2800 to 3200 stall in it... your car stock should be running high 13s and his rustang stock is high 14's i even seen mid 15s just depending... depending on bolt ons you should smash him... your killen us gettin beat by a ****stain bro!! get that tranny!!

Old 01-19-2011, 01:39 AM
In the Staging Lanes

just seen where u only have 20k miles on ur tranny.. either its burnt up or shift rpm is messed up it should be snappin necks.. stock in a race you should be shifting at about 5800 rpm anything over that is gonna slow ya down!!

Old 01-19-2011, 02:30 AM
1st Gear Member

That what it shifted at about but I was to high of a gear,it needed to kick down a gear to nail it. And it wouldnt 4 times, ive heard if the speed isnt low it wont kickdown
Originally Posted by wicked94z28
just seen where u only have 20k miles on ur tranny.. either its burnt up or shift rpm is messed up it should be snappin necks.. stock in a race you should be shifting at about 5800 rpm anything over that is gonna slow ya down!!

Old 01-20-2011, 12:35 AM
2nd Gear member

Did you have the shifter in Drive or OverDrive when you did this??

Old 05-21-2011, 10:27 AM
1st Gear Member

Ok i replaced both the opti and water pump. And fixed my exhaust leak. My car runs better but its pretty much doing the same thing still. I floor it from a 40mph roll it revs up does some weird poping and stuff and cel comes on code 55 fuel lean, any ideas?pretty much does it every time. Sometimes taking off hard from a light it hessitates or pops, but especially when turning right and gunning it. Horrible gas milage too. Any ideas

Last edited by hoursetraitor; 05-21-2011 at 10:32 AM.
Old 05-21-2011, 11:50 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

get rid of the hypertech and have it tuned by solomon. LT1 PCM Tuning - OBDI/OBDII PCM Tuning/Programming Service

Old 05-21-2011, 12:09 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by craby
get rid of the hypertech and have it tuned by solomon. LT1 PCM Tuning - OBDI/OBDII PCM Tuning/Programming Service
i dont have a hypertec, been out of the car and sold last year. Tunning isnt the answer, something is wrong with the car. I have everything to tune the car anyways, no reason to yet,its stock and something is wrong or failing and till the car is perfect im not changing the stock bin

Quick Reply: my stock 94 lt1 camaro vs unknown year edge mustang= ugly for me