VS Cars going head to head!

Got a couple of races set up...

Old 09-07-2010, 04:17 PM
Angry Got a couple of races set up...

Me and a few of my friends, and some guys they know are planning on getting together next weekend for same races. They are a few of them talking **** back and forth to each other, so it should be fun. I wanted to get your opinions on who you think should win a few of these races.

1. Me (95 camaro v6 w/flowmaster muffler and cai) vs a 98 grand prix GTP w/exhaust.
2. Me vs 97 civic si with a loud *** exhaust and I don't know what else
3. a scion xb vs a nissan cube. I don't know the years on these, all I know is the the dude with the cube has been talkin hella smack about how bad *** his new car is. They guy in the scion is a cool guy, I'm really hoping that he shows that cube up. Both are stock with the exception the cube has a bunch of rice lookin stickersm and a loud annoying muffler.
4. same 98 grand prix GTP vs 99 mustang gt stock, auto
5. same 97 civic si vs 98 talon tsi w/exhaust, and a boost controller
6. And the race that started all of this, 05 GTO w/full exhaust, cai, and gears (can't remember the ratio) vs 98 mustang GT w/full bolt on's and a 75 shot. the GTO is an auto, and the GT is a manual. These two guys have been talking **** to each other for a few months now, going back to win the dude with the GTO first got it. I don't really care who wins this one, they are both cocky *******s.

The guy in the GTO has been talking **** about putting a hurting on my older brother and his 04 Cobra too. My older bro's cobra only has a catback, midpipe, cai, and a smaller supercharger pulley. I haven't said anything to my brother, because I know he will show up, and I don't want to see him lose to this ******* with the GTO. He talks enough **** as it is.

Anyway, what's your opinion on the outcome of these races? Oh, and I'm not big on street racing in town, and around traffic/cops ect. This stuff is all going to happen on a 2 lane private road about 5 mins outside of the city limits.

EDIT: the angry face in the title was an accident lol

Old 09-08-2010, 11:44 AM
Ninja Administrator

i dont think u will win the gtp race.

a bolton GTO will have a hell of a time with a pullied cobra..... those things are pigs

Old 09-08-2010, 01:37 PM
NOOB
January 2012 ROTM
Technical User
ROTM Winner's Club

The GTP will beat your maro, you will take the Civic Si no matter even if he has headers, tell the guy with the cube to send back his fart can because the XB is going to take him without breaking a sweat, the GTP will beat the Mustang GT, the Talon will murder the Si even if he misshifts every gear, and yes the GTO and the Bolt on Mustang with 75 shot would be a good match but IDK about who will win. It all depends who gets the best launch and then it goes down to shifting at the best power range because even though 75 shot is not a lot, it still adds up.

And X2 on your brother's Cobra beating the GTO. 1 grand into a Cobra puts them in the 11s.

Old 09-08-2010, 02:01 PM
GTO Killer
LimeKnight

heres the ranking of how these cars will play out imo.
obviously you beat whats below you and lose to whats above on the list
1. Cobra
2. GT w/ 75 shot
3. GTO
4. 98 TSI
5. 99 GT
6. GTP
7. You
8. Civic Si
9. XB
10. Cube

Old 09-09-2010, 12:21 AM

Thanks for the responses guys. This helps me get a better idea of what to expect. Although, I was fairly sure I could pull the GTP. I've raced him before on the freeway once from 40 or so till about 110ish, looked to me like I put about 2 cars on him.

LOL, and I'm a little surprised at what you guys think about the GTO racing my brother's cobra. I don't know alot, but I know that ford's little 4.6 v8's are ****. My brother really doesn't care to much for his, and he's looking to trade for an LS1 camaro/trans am/gto as soon as he can break even with it. That GTO would walk all over my brother, that's why im not going to tell him about how trevor (gto owner) is talkin ****. LS1> any ford 4.6.....come on this is a camaro forum, ya'll know that. Sadly, both are faster then my lil v6 at the moment.

Old 09-09-2010, 08:57 AM
GTO Killer
LimeKnight

the 4.6 has a super on it,,, with the right pully hell kill that gto which is a ls2 if its an 05 btw

Old 09-09-2010, 03:00 PM
NOOB
January 2012 ROTM
Technical User
ROTM Winner's Club

This is a Camaro forum obviously, but that Cobra can do some damage to tell you the truth. Your brother has the only year Cobra that I want so bad because like I said, just $1000 on the original set-up that Ford put in that car puts them in 11s. Pully, injectors, (port and polish can be done with one's own labor if you know how), and a CAI to free the restriction on the SC, with a tune that should be it. Well within the budget and ready to race. We have a lot of guys out in my area that do that and match Z06's that are mildly modded (ie: headers, exhaust, CAI and tunes), if not win.

But the only way to see is to race and put the loot where your mouth is. Good luck!

Old 09-10-2010, 10:56 AM
Ninja Administrator

If the GTP isnt pullied it shouldnt beat the mustang. Those things can be fast, but they take some work to get there

Old 09-10-2010, 04:29 PM
NOOB
January 2012 ROTM
Technical User
ROTM Winner's Club

Take them to the twisties with me and I will take all of you! (only place that I would even have an advantage against the 4 fastest)

No, really.... Have you guys raced yet??