VS Cars going head to head!

cobra/gt beats del sol

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 10:19 AM
1st Gear Member
Default cobra/gt beats del sol

I was in my friends Tib yesterday and we were heading out for a few drinks. We were behind a re badged gt i believe. He didnt have the right hood and no whine. He caught a light with a black Honda with the body kit, neons, the whole 9. The mustang revs at him to pick a fight. The mustang pulls on him to about 60 when he stops. A few seconds later i was so happy to see the flyby. The honda almost rearended a van to do the flyby. my friend and i were laughing because i called the flyby. we have to go driving in my car so I could have picked on the cobra/gt.

Old 05-25-2008, 08:35 PM
3rd Gear Member
Default RE: cobra/gt beats del sol

lol, nice. btw, not all cobras have that hood & supercharger. Only the 03 & 04s. The 99-01s looked like GTs for the most part. The civic never stood a chance.

Old 05-25-2008, 08:46 PM
Ninja Administrator

the 99 and 01 cobra had IRS, so from behind you can see the exhaust coming below the axle rather than coming above it like the GT, they also have a yellow section of the tail light instead of being all red (personally i like the all red better) and they dont have the fake hood scoop, instead they have the same hood as the v6 stangs, which had a sort of minerature heat extractor thing that was in the center of the hood.

cobras are also the only stangs to have circular fog lights. the GT's had rectangular foggers (kinda...). the non/sc cobra is on the right, terminator on the left
Name:  difference2.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  226.9 KB

also, the snake in the grill is aftermarket for both cars. they had a corraled pony just like every other stang (with the exception of the mach1 which didnt have the corral)

Old 05-25-2008, 09:42 PM
1st Gear Member

it was the 03 to 04 cobra look alike...but yeah the honda did have no shot. the bad thing about this was it was right infront of the worcester police station. so dumb