VS Cars going head to head!

chatted with a young ricer!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 02:27 PM
3rd Gear Member
Default RE: chatted with a young ricer!!

I think if I were a ricer & put 12 grand into a civic I could see better than 13s.

Think about it. Find an LS1 with low miles for under $4,000. The you would probly do about $2K worth of mods to fit it in there with the drivetrain. Thats 13s right there and you still have $6K grand left. That would be my supercharger. But I dont like cross breeding engines so you could use a motor out of an NSX or maybe even a VR-4.

Old 09-02-2007, 07:33 PM
NOOO they be stealin' my bucket
ROTM Winner's Club

I have seen two V8 civics and none of them could be driven on the street. I think it would cost a little more than 2 grand in the drive train to get it to run. giving you would have to rebuild the hole suspension, steering, and cooling system just for starters. Even if you have the skills to do it yourself parts are going to cost a little. Also you have to count on spending a good chunk of change on the custom work and labor on getting the V8 installed. Also you have to make a custom harness for the LS1 or buy a kits with the wiring for a easy install but cost a little. Yes a stock LS1 F body pulls low 13s. But with the FF traction is going to be a huge problem. Even with slicks with out cuting out the fenders its going to be hard to fit any thing with good size rubber under it so traction is still a problem. Yes a striped out 1900 pound LS1 with bolt ons built for drag CRX would be cool. Say you have a stock EG6. First you have to invest around 3300 bucks into the swap for the LS 1.8 none VTEC engine. Now you have to spend 4500 bucks for a turbonetics kit for 10 pounds of boost you will also need a full exhaust so theres a few bucks. The car maybe be fast but traction is going to suck so now you need to invest in a set of rims and slicks say 500 bucks. Now you snapped a axle so now 400 bucks for a good set of axles. Now your clutch is out and your fly is gone so theres 700 bucks. And your in the high 13s. If you want to build up from there your going to spend some big time cash. Same thing with the K20 swap 7 to 8 grand just for the swap then a few grand in bolt ons and your still pushing 14s maybe 13s with slicks.

Old 09-02-2007, 07:49 PM
In the Staging Lanes

HAHAHA.

Old 09-03-2007, 07:01 AM
2nd Gear member

you guys gotta see that when they put in 12 grand, they get a cold air intake, a freeflow muffler, and racing seats, momo steering wheel, a new shifter ****, sound system, and some neon lights here and there. its not all in the engine. you gotta put apc and v-tech stickers on it to make it go faster.