VS Cars going head to head!

Camaro-Civic

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 11:32 AM
2nd Gear member
Default Camaro-Civic

So after getting gas last night, I decided to ride around town for a little while. I saw some guys at the carwash and the guy with the civic had his hood popped. This guy has been wanting to race me for a while now. I saw my brother pull in up there to talk to them (I couldn't go because of my headers, they would scrape) so I decided to ride on by. I turned around and went back by and they were yelling for me to go up there, but again, decided to ride on by. Later that night I talked to my brother and he said it was probably a good thing I didn't go up there (Civic guy don't like us), cause there's no telling what would've happened. But a couple nights ago, that civic (turbo, cam, exhaust, etc...) raced a mostly stock 94 Z28(Just bolt-ons and intake). Camaro won by about 4 cars. But civic guy got mad and wanted to go again, but camaro guy said no. They betted 200 dollars but he let him keep his money. Every time the civic goes by the house, he's always revvin' up. Should I race him?

Old 02-15-2010, 11:38 PM
1st Gear Member

well personally i wont race for money, i do it for fun. and iv done this befor cause i got tired of it. some kid kept driveing by my house all all times day and night reving as he passes. he did it at about 2 in the morning and i had enoufgh of it. i backed my camaro out and drove to his house. i just smoked the tires for a bit infront of his house. he hasnt done it since lol.

Old 02-16-2010, 10:39 PM
DeZ
1st Gear Member

i wouldnt even bother with a civic. even the souped ones arent a threat but to another civic. i got my *** spanked the other night by a... early integra by maybe a 1 1/2 car length in my ( sn95 single port 6er ) all together on the total spent on/in his car im guessing somewhere 10+ thousand apperance,sound system, engine mods.

if you race him, go from a dead.. turbo lag will frustrate him. from a roll he probably will get you, unless hes like all the other ****** bags cant drive to save his virgin ***.

Old 02-16-2010, 10:53 PM
Third Generation Moderator
March 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Turbo lag can be minimized if you know how. Used to do it all the time when I was driving the Money Pit.

'course, most kids probably wouldn't know anything aside from standing on the throttle and shifting 1k after the red line

Old 02-17-2010, 04:13 PM
DeZ
1st Gear Member

wow the kids in your area are einstein compared to my kids around here, bounce off the limiter atleast 3 times before shifting. but on to the civic, its obvious they dont know the know how or they would of gotten something besides a civic to toy with. before i got my first car ( 3.4 95 camaro ) i test drove a 99ish civic, cai,short throw,tires/wheels,exhaust,and some suspension work. that thing was a...ghetto ghey. from a wot take off, zero tire spin and very little in wet roads.

but on my verdict, after rethinking a mostly stock z28 spanked it ( probably cai,exhaust,pulleys? ) by 4 cars your 350 should put around the same length or maybe 1 length shy. dude should of gotten a eclipse gt.

Old 02-17-2010, 04:43 PM
I dont like my title

hahaha this all makes me lol ik a sohc that will run about anything on here cuts 91mph in the 8th you guys must be around the retards that dont know anything about engines period 300whp on a sohc or any honda engine is not hard to reach if youve got the know how to do so i will be making more power than a gsr when said and done and mines a sohc and a 8v and will only be on 8psi and a t28 turbo and mid 13s wouldnt be hard to reach and thats what you guys run correct if that....bolt on z28's are nothing to brag about?pick on somthing thats worth talking about and i can do all this for less than 1k.

Last edited by Boosted8vfury; 02-17-2010 at 04:46 PM.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:17 PM
2nd Gear member

Well I've never owned a LT1 so I can't speak for them, just an LS1.. but the LS1's run high 12's low 13's stock. With bolt ons: mid to high 12's. And with turbo's on the LS1's anything is possible.. I'm betting the LT1's are the same or close to. There has been a few guys broken 8 second runs. I know at least 1 guy (not personally, jus from the net and his slips and track records) who broke 7's. I'm not sure if 6's have been hit yet.

Old 02-17-2010, 10:42 PM
2nd Gear member

^^^Just stole what I was going to say.

I think LT1's run in the 14's stock(maybe mid 14s).

Old 02-17-2010, 10:42 PM
I dont like my title

well ik of plenty of drag hondas but the car i speak off i have drove and rode in many a time and its quick and pulls so hard and 91 trap in the 8th isnt bad for a car with less than 7k invested counting the car.

Old 02-17-2010, 10:50 PM
DeZ
1st Gear Member

either way its just a pissed off grocery getter. something i wouldnt take pride in owning or claiming i own one. but a 91 mph fart, my *** can trap 105 on a good day with eating beans.

Quick Reply: Camaro-Civic