VS Cars going head to head!

94 z28 vs rsz type s

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 05:45 AM
3rd Gear Member

My Friend drives an RSX type S and it is sapposed to run mid-high 14s. Your Camaro should be able to do low 14s. Also, the higher (speed) you race to the more of an advantage you will have because your power to weight is better.

So, if you race him 0-100 you shouldn't have too much trouble with him.

Old 08-20-2009, 07:03 PM
NOOO they be stealin' my bucket
ROTM Winner's Club

You should win hands down.

Old 08-21-2009, 05:58 PM
NOOB
January 2012 ROTM
Technical User
ROTM Winner's Club

You're in modesto??

I'm here in Oakland! It is a possibility we may run into each other....

Why wassup?? you want to set up a drag date??

Old 08-21-2009, 05:59 PM
2nd Gear member

lmao a date

Old 08-21-2009, 06:00 PM
NOOB
January 2012 ROTM
Technical User
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by SpecterGT260
its not about keeping it in vtec. vtec feels like a kick in the pants only because its adjusting the cams for a higher rpm. they could have just as easily given the cams the vtec profile for the entire rpm range and the car would perform in the higher rpm just the same. vtec is not for high end performance, its really more about giving a high revving car a little torque back... vtec is, in this way of thinking, a low end thing
I forgot to mention that the Acura RSX-S and Honda Civic Si have 3 stages of Vtech. 3K RPM, 4.5K PRM, and 6.5 RPM (I believe).

But what good is it really going to do?? You are going to win no matter what.

Old 08-21-2009, 06:01 PM
NOOB
January 2012 ROTM
Technical User
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by Stix80
lmao a date
I know, i know....

Didnt mean to sound that homo....

Old 08-21-2009, 07:38 PM
In the Staging Lanes

what part of oak. i be out there like one a month. all my family stay in east oak. so if its any where around there. how bout we set something up when i go pick up the car ( its in richmond) so i can hit you up on the way back to mo-town.

Old 08-25-2009, 02:26 PM
NOOB
January 2012 ROTM
Technical User
ROTM Winner's Club

I have to post it since this IS the street/strip racing section:

I was at the light yesterday next to a POS orange Acura Integra that looked soooo cute.... (jk). And in there was a typical ricer with his sound system just playing the treble with little bass and I pull up next to him, he looks over at me, smiles and revvs his little fart can engine. Sounded sort of like: PPPFFFFLLLLEEEAAAANNN! I laughed and just looked forward at the light which was going to turn green.... The moment it did, I let my first bog a little then got on it, slipped my tires pretty good all through first and let my blower whine like crazy, and got it into second and the tires continued to spin and the surpercharger sequenced its whine again to the same pitch with my tires catching traction for a mere 45mph-60 (end of my second). By that time, I was about 4 cars in front of him and he was still huffin and puffin his little rice rocket and I was then forced to shift to 3rd which then again made my tires slip for about a second and a half. Only got up to 95mph and I seen him behind me about 2 busses when I decided to stop humiliating him. I engined braked to the next light and he pulled up next to me and didnt even look over.... I think that I made him cry because then he turned to the right at the light while doing a burnout nearly hitting a parked car

I tell you though, shoulda been there...

Old 08-25-2009, 11:04 PM
Fancy Sparkle

Originally Posted by SprSSBalt
I forgot to mention that the Acura RSX-S and Honda Civic Si have 3 stages of Vtech. 3K RPM, 4.5K PRM, and 6.5 RPM (I believe).
nope, the only Honda engine to have the 3 stage VTEC was the D15B (Euro market only). from idle to 2500rpm it ran on the lowest (think fuel economy) setting, 2500rpm-5000rpm was normal cam operation, and 5000rpm-7200rpm was full blown power-making (lol).

the K20A3's in the RSX-S/Civic Si have only one switch-over point (depending on engine load and throttle opening).

Old 08-26-2009, 08:57 AM
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by SprSSBalt
I have to post it since this IS the street/strip racing section:

I was at the light yesterday next to a POS orange Acura Integra that looked soooo cute.... (jk). And in there was a typical ricer with his sound system just playing the treble with little bass and I pull up next to him, he looks over at me, smiles and revvs his little fart can engine. Sounded sort of like: PPPFFFFLLLLEEEAAAANNN! I laughed and just looked forward at the light which was going to turn green.... The moment it did, I let my first bog a little then got on it, slipped my tires pretty good all through first and let my blower whine like crazy, and got it into second and the tires continued to spin and the surpercharger sequenced its whine again to the same pitch with my tires catching traction for a mere 45mph-60 (end of my second). By that time, I was about 4 cars in front of him and he was still huffin and puffin his little rice rocket and I was then forced to shift to 3rd which then again made my tires slip for about a second and a half. Only got up to 95mph and I seen him behind me about 2 busses when I decided to stop humiliating him. I engined braked to the next light and he pulled up next to me and didnt even look over.... I think that I made him cry because then he turned to the right at the light while doing a burnout nearly hitting a parked car

I tell you though, shoulda been there...

whoa, A cobalt owner is here. Welcome to the forums!

Quick Reply: 94 z28 vs rsz type s