Old 04-01-2007, 03:43 PM
2nd Gear member
Default RE: 04 Cobra vs 00 SS

ORIGINAL: BigNic

ORIGINAL: Hisss04Cobra

05+ gt > LT1.

Mach 1 > LT1
Mach 1 = LS1
i know they brought back the mach 1's when they frist did the new style stangs are they still doing them it was my understanding that as of 03 your choices were V6,GT,Cobra or shellby or am i wrong?
03/04 only years for the Mach 1.

Shelby GT500 is an 07+

and actually, not all cobras can take those either.. The un-supercharged cobras can't take them.. An 01 SS > 01 Cobra, but im not sure about the 02..

I cant wait until they put a Ford GT up against a supercharged Vette.. They're already close for the money, cant wait until they are both supercharged.. Especially if the Vette is only 100k or so, its still less than the GT
The 2002 Cobra's were made in Australia.

And there are only 100 of them, and they are all right hand drive.

And I can't wait till they put a 7.0l engine in the gt, and then supercharge it.

Old 04-01-2007, 04:22 PM
2nd Gear member

the supercharged Vette is gonna be a 6.2 L not the LS7 7.0L, i have seen a few pics of the Corvette SS with the SC6.2 i hope they find a better looking hood design but otherwise i think it badass

Old 04-01-2007, 04:43 PM
2nd Gear member

and actually, not all cobras can take those either.. The un-supercharged cobras can't take them.. An 01 SS > 01 Cobra, but im not sure about the 02..

I cant wait until they put a Ford GT up against a supercharged Vette.. They're already close for the money, cant wait until they are both supercharged.. Especially if the Vette is only 100k or so, its still less than the GT

And I can't wait till they put a 7.0l engine in the gt, and then supercharge it.
definately understandable with the Supercharged 7.0l, but is coprunr is right, they should make it a 6.2l, for comparison sake.. lol. but anyway, yeah.. about the Cobra thing, Im just glad your one of those guys who knows what hes talking about, and isnt a big ******bag. Are they going to start making the GT again? My mustang friend told me they didnt make an 07, they stopped in 06.

Old 04-01-2007, 07:31 PM
2nd Gear member

ORIGINAL: bill12690

definately understandable with the Supercharged 7.0l, but is coprunr is right, they should make it a 6.2l, for comparison sake.. lol. but anyway, yeah.. about the Cobra thing, Im just glad your one of those guys who knows what hes talking about, and isnt a big ******bag. Are they going to start making the GT again? My mustang friend told me they didnt make an 07, they stopped in 06.
I'm not sure about that exactly.

I know they are looking at a concept gt, but I can't tell you for sure whether or not it will come out soon.

Surely they will make another one, I mean it's a legend.

Old 04-02-2007, 12:14 AM
1st Gear Member

do u have a cobra? The rims kinda look like cobra rims but I cant tell.. Sorry, i dont know my mustangs too well.. im just not a mustang guy. Anyway, if it isnt, and yours is stock, im betting he sucked at driving.. Your car is a 98 or older, and if its just a GT an SS should take it easier than that..
Yes, rims are off a 99 GT. I needed new tires and my factory rims are, ehh not exactly very stylish. Mostly stock... shifter, gears, exhaust (MAC at that, so it's basically stock) CAI, had some weight reduction at the time of this race too. And as I stated he defiantly had the wait, wait here...
I think (know) that was primarily due to the old 17 year old rich kid driver mod installed. But it was fun.
Nice to see that people jump to saying things when I clearly said this kid obviously couldn't drive. Same will be said if I told the EVO story though too I bet...

Yeah but kiss your *** good bye on the track.

00 SS- $17,000
00 Cobra- $13,000

Average price of course, sure you'll find both of those for less, but im saying in similiar/decent condition.

What can you do with $4k to a Mustang?
Easily take a second and a half off, without even doing F/I.

Old 04-02-2007, 12:59 AM
2nd Gear member

car and driver ( i believe , it may have been road and track ) said GM is already working on a 700hp Vette , said they can make the power , but they are having trouble putting it to the ground. i have seen some pics of the new Vette SS and the engine that is going to power it , it is definatly going to be a 600hp SCed 6.2L. the GT wasn't that much faster than a ZO6 Vette , give the Vette another 95hp and i'd have to give the Vette the advantage as long as you could make use of it (not blistering the tires out of the gate and out of the corners)

Old 04-02-2007, 01:06 AM
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Seight311
00 SS- $17,000
00 Cobra- $13,000
LS1 Z28 is pretty much the same as a LS1 SS...SS are more expensive because there an SS

you can do the same thing for a camaro...**** for 4K I could shave at least 2 secs off my V6...

don't mean to argue the classic mustang vs. camaro, but they both have lots of potential and are both fast...

Old 04-02-2007, 01:39 AM
2nd Gear member

ORIGINAL: Seight311
00 SS- $17,000
00 Cobra- $13,000

Average price of course, sure you'll find both of those for less, but im saying in similiar/decent condition.

[/quote]
I'm sensing slight hostility?
and, actually, I read the 01 Cobra's were around 27k, and the 01 Camaro SS's were around 20k, and as tested in an article I was reading the SS was 27k, with the Cobra being 28K. The SS either tied it in everything tested or beat it. You may be right about the 2000 Cobra's, I dont know so I wont pretend to.
And yes, you right, I guess I did just "assume" the guy in the 00 SS you raced was a crappy driver, and I apologize about that I guess, and yes, I know you stated it before.
Also, if you want to talk about price differences, lets take into comparison the $153k GT and the $75k Z06. Thats TWICE the price, and with the leftover money put into the Z06, it would definately beat the GT. I also don't see a 00 cobra being 13k new, the GT's are more than that now. and, I dont mean to be a d*ck but if you admit the kid couldnt drive, then you beating him doesnt mean a whole lot. I would just like to say, if I sounded like a d*ck I didnt mean to, unless you did..

Edit:
Also, explain to me why a supercharged Z06 would get dominated on the track by a GT. Call me retarded, I just dont get it.

Old 04-02-2007, 03:15 AM
2nd Gear member

Well...

If you want to talk vette comparisons.

Let's take my car, brand new 30k vs the zo6 70k+.

The GT is more of a status symbol for the price. And with the high price tag, the owners know that they won't see many on the roads.

The Z06 is more of the best bang for the buck.

If someone sees a z06 next to a Ford GT, without knowing the difference, most people would flock to the GT because of the styling.

And if people are willing to pay 150+ for a GT, then why not.

Old 04-02-2007, 03:57 AM
May 2007 ROTM

I would flock, slober and drool.it's a GT. look at it........I am a chevy guy but we have nothing that comes or came close to that car as far as style....or the cobra.....new or old . what did we have then, the cheetah? yeah that was nice.

Quick Reply: 04 Cobra vs 00 SS