7.04%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Vote for April ROTM-4th Gen!

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 02:36 PM
August 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by whammer3024
it would be too hard to get to that point. do you take the first 3 nominated? do you have a nomination thread, have people vote to get your top 3, then vote for the winner? that's a lot of threads and a lot of work for me, lol. i think having more cars make the competition stronger. more cars to choose from and more people involved.

but i will take your idea into consideration. anyone else have an opinion on this?
You do it like 3/4 of the other automotive forums, lol. For example, our sister site Dodge Forum (I was the ROTM moderator over there for awhile, I guess they actually go 4 entries per category now) starts a thread for nominations. It then goes like this:

Johnny nominates Bob. Billy thinks Bob would be a great candidate so he seconds Bob. Bob then has 24 hours to accept the nomination. If Bob does not accept the nomination within 24 hours, the nomination is now void.

Each member only gets one nomination and one second. They cannot be for the same person. For example if Johnny nominates Bob, he cannot nominate Billy as well. If Billy seconds Bob, he may nominate Sally, however he cannot second her or anyone else because he has already seconded Bob.

If Sally gets nominated but doesn't get a second, she cannot accept the nomination.

It's a very simple process that's very effective.

One thread for nominations, one thread for voting.

I helped put together the rules for Jeep Forum's ZJ/WJ section GCOTM. They have quite a few Jeeps in the running, however voter turnout is probably 10 times what ours is.

Fewer nominees means the votes will be more concentrated among them, making for more competition. As you see with this month, the votes are so spread out many only have one or two votes, some with zero (sorry guys, lol.)

I'm not trying to dog you either, so don't get the wrong idea. I'm making suggestions to better our ROTM. If you want some help/advice on revising or reconstructing the rules, shoot me a PM.

Btw, my vote is in!

Last edited by Jr. Mechanic; 04-18-2010 at 02:40 PM.
Old 04-18-2010, 03:11 PM
Senior Administrator
February 2012 ROTM
May 2012 ROTM

I agree with the above. By default Admins and Mods win this month. and then next month it should be limited to say 5 cars?

Old 04-18-2010, 03:12 PM
1st Gear Member

my vote goes to puck. those pictures can make a grown man cry. nice car

Old 04-18-2010, 03:22 PM
May 2013 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by nj85z28
I agree with the above. By default Admins and Mods win this month. and then next month it should be limited to say 5 cars?
I really like Jr. Mechanic's idea, but I don't think we should impose a "limit" per say. I think Jr.'s system (and not allowing people to ask to be nominated in the thread) will inherently limit the numbers of candidates by itself.

Old 04-18-2010, 03:37 PM
August 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

5 is too much in my opinion. Average voter turn out is what, 40 votes? Say it were a dead even race. That would still only net 8 votes for each car.

With a voter turn out this small, I say we start at 3. If ROTM popularity increases, you an always allow the number of entries to increase with it.

While competition isn't everything and this is supposed to be fun, no competition takes all the fun out of it in my opinion. Hell in March I didn't campaign and was technically ineligible since I had won within the last year, and I ended up in the running. My point is it just seems way too easy right now to get in. Think of it as a party: The more exclusive it is, the cooler it is to be at the party, lol.

Btw we should probably start a new thread for ROTM suggestions rather than clutter the voting thread. My apologies.

Old 04-18-2010, 04:23 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by black95z28
my vote goes to puck. those pictures can make a grown man cry. nice car
allright another vote for a red lt1. lets keep em coming in.

i still say only red contestants...lol. so you guys are saying keep it the same but only 3 or 5 cars can compete. seems to me like that would make for less votes. i dont see the difference but then i dont really feel like i can say one way or another. only been here a short time and it doesnt matter to me anyways. i got more than 1 vote so im happy.

Old 04-18-2010, 07:07 PM
1st Gear Member

So why cant we do it this way. Start a thread before the nomiations start and anybody with that current generation car who wants to be nominated can post pics and a little info about there car. This could be up for about a week or so. This way the people who want to be nominated have a better chance to be and the people who dont really care dont waste our time. Then the nomination thread starts and make it so you can only post your nominations and nothing else(no begging for votes). Then when the nomination Are done we vote. The reason I suggested this is becuase I dont know what kind of car everybody has on here and Im sure alot of other people don't either. It would help keep it about the cars and not be a popularity contest.

Old 04-18-2010, 07:46 PM
1st Gear Member

If you have to run a campaign to get nominated isn't that the same as people begging to be nominated and doesn't that make it less of an honor?

Old 04-18-2010, 07:56 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

yep lol. probly better the way it is. at this point if u take out the four cars with the least votes u only gain 2 votes. doesnt change much. whammers winning, come to think of it, hes running the race to, whats up with that. lol. i think he would be more than happy if someone else was. maybe the winner of the last race should have to run the next. lol im hopin we get like 60 votes total. think red and vote.

Last edited by craby; 04-18-2010 at 08:00 PM.
Old 04-18-2010, 08:04 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by black68
If you have to run a campaign to get nominated isn't that the same as people begging to be nominated and doesn't that make it less of an honor?
but how are you suppose to know whats in a persons car if they cant tell you until its time to vote?

Quick Reply: Vote for April ROTM-4th Gen!