View Poll Results: can members ask to be nominated in the nomination threads?
absolutely
27.27%
absolutely not
72.73%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

possible new rule...please read

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 02:18 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by whammer3024
i see your point black68...and i like the way you think...but i wanna add that many people that vote for the cars, don't actually look at the nominations thread, therefore have no idea how these cars got put up in the first place.

just something else to think about.
But if these people do win then it would be because people liked their car and not becuase they have friends who nominated them.

Just something to think about

Old 04-15-2010, 02:43 PM
ROTM Winner
ROTM Winner's Club

imagine this...i barely meet my 5 post rule in the previous month...my month comes up for the nomination thread...it comes to the last day or 2 and i obviously haven't been nom'd...i start posting constantly "someone nominate me" until people get annoyed and finally do to shut me up.

people in the actual voting thread would have no idea all that went down

Old 04-15-2010, 03:04 PM
1st Gear Member

It doesnt matter to me if a person got his nomination because he asked once, twice, a thousand times or not at all. If they have the best car when its time to vote then the're are going to get my vote. I nominated two people and this time around but that doesnt mean they are going to definitely get my vote.

If being annoying is a reason that someones car isnt allowed to be part of the vote there where are alot of poeple on the forum who are annoying in general and they shouldnt be allowed to be here at all.

Just my two cents

Old 04-15-2010, 03:20 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by Mtowles

If being annoying is a reason that someones car isnt allowed to be part of the vote there where are alot of poeple on the forum who are annoying in general and they shouldnt be allowed to be here at all.

Just my two cents

wow....now I know how you really feel about me....

Old 04-15-2010, 03:25 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Kandi<3
wow....now I know how you really feel about me....

Awww your cars to pretty for me to be annoyed by you

Old 04-15-2010, 04:55 PM
1st Gear Member

What about some minimum requirements concerning how long a person has been on the forum? Something like minimum of 6 months or a year and 200 posts (And yes I realize that it would make me not eligible but would make sure that somone is better known so that it would not be just how pretty their car is)? The people who really want to learn about Camaros and be a part of this community will be willing to put in some time and earn respect for them self and their car rather than just show up and post a pick of a pretty car. Just a thought

Old 04-15-2010, 07:44 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by whammer3024
that's a decent idea...put down "nominated by himself, seconded by black68". that would be embarassing, lol
lol yeah begging to be nominated is pretty much unofficially nominating yourself. I agree with the others who said that it's an honor to be nominated... I didn't expect to be nominated let alone seconded so I'm flattered.

Old 04-15-2010, 10:40 PM
Fancy Sparkle

i don't think that you should be able to nominate yourself at all. the whole point of this is that someone else who respects your car and you will nominate you for ROTM. people vote for what they think is the best car.

Old 05-18-2010, 06:19 PM
Second Generation Moderator
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by 1990CamaroRS
i don't think that you should be able to nominate yourself at all. the whole point of this is that someone else who respects your car and you will nominate you for ROTM. people vote for what they think is the best car.
I stayed out of this conversation for awhile, but I guess I'll say my peace too. I totally agree that begging to be nominated is just sorta weird. It's embarassing to the members when someone does so, but more embarassing to the whole ROTM theme when a new person comes to look at the site and sees that kind of thing going down. Tough for anyone to take the voting seriously when nominees come begging to be part of the voting.
ROTM should be assembled from nominations of fellow members who enjoy the cars that other members have worked hard to get looking great, not worked hard to get a nomination.
As for how long they've been here, or how often they post, I could care less. A cool Camaro is cool no matter how long the owner has been here.
That's my opinion anyway.