View Poll Results: can members ask to be nominated in the nomination threads?
absolutely
27.27%
absolutely not
72.73%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

possible new rule...please read

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 11:15 AM
ROTM Winner
ROTM Winner's Club
Default possible new rule...please read

i wanted to get everyone's opinion on a possible new rule for the nominations portion of ROTM.

i, personally, feel that the campaigning is going a little too far. i have no problem with once voting begins, campaigning where allowed...but i do feel that its unfair for people to come into the nominations thread and beg to be nominated.

i feel that being nominated is an honor from fellow members that respect you and your ride, not because you came into the thread and begged for it. kind of takes away from the honor of fellow members respecting the members they nominated.

now perhaps i'm the only one that feels this way...so i figured i'd put it up to everyone to see what they thought. i will keep this thread alive until 31st of april...so please vote and share your opinions.

thanks!

Old 04-15-2010, 11:22 AM
1st Gear Member

Well I dont know about everybody else but Im going to nominate the people I feel deserve it. If they beg or not makes no differance. I personally woundn't beg to be nominated. So in the end I could care less.

Old 04-15-2010, 11:40 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

agree, not much honor in begging for anything and this is about honoring someone with a nice car. i am on the other side and feel my car has so much more to do to it that its not ready to compete. still considering pulling out, mostly cause i hate to lose at anything and if i cant put my best effort forward i hesitate to compete.

Old 04-15-2010, 11:49 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by craby
agree, not much honor in begging for anything and this is about honoring someone with a nice car. i am on the other side and feel my car has so much more to do to it that its not ready to compete. still considering pulling out, mostly cause i hate to lose at anything and if i cant put my best effort forward i hesitate to compete.
I say you should compete the way I feel is it would be an honor just to be nominated.

Old 04-15-2010, 12:29 PM
1st Gear Member

I think they should be allowed to do whatever they want. If they want to behave in a way that guarantees that I won't vote for them that is their choice.

Old 04-15-2010, 12:45 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by black68
I think they should be allowed to do whatever they want. If they want to behave in a way that guarantees that I won't vote for them that is their choice.
good point. x2

Old 04-15-2010, 12:59 PM
ROTM Winner
ROTM Winner's Club

i see your point black68...and i like the way you think...but i wanna add that many people that vote for the cars, don't actually look at the nominations thread, therefore have no idea how these cars got put up in the first place.

just something else to think about.

Old 04-15-2010, 01:10 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by whammer3024
i see your point black68...and i like the way you think...but i wanna add that many people that vote for the cars, don't actually look at the nominations thread, therefore have no idea how these cars got put up in the first place.

just something else to think about.
Hadn't thought about that. I could go either way. In my mind who I vote for is not just about the best looking car but also how they conduct themselves in the nominating thread and the forum in general. There are some people with very nice looking cars that I would never vote for or nominate because of the way that they conduct themselves.

How about allowing them to nominate themselves so that they stop begging and post who nominated and seconded on the voting thread?

Old 04-15-2010, 02:04 PM
May 2013 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

I agree with the above posts that say being nominated is an honor and should be treated as such. I was truly flattered when I got nominated. I took it as a sign of respect from other members, and I really appreciated that kind of encouragement. I know that this month it's gotten out of hand largely because of the sheer number of people with 4th gens, but I'd prefer to not see beggars in the nomination thread again.

Old 04-15-2010, 02:11 PM
ROTM Winner
ROTM Winner's Club

that's a decent idea...put down "nominated by himself, seconded by black68". that would be embarassing, lol

Quick Reply: possible new rule...please read