Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum

Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum (https://camaroforums.com/forum/)
-   ROTM 2009 (https://camaroforums.com/forum/rotm-2009-82/)
-   -   June ROTM voting. (https://camaroforums.com/forum/rotm-2009-82/june-rotm-voting-38649/)

Gorn 05-21-2009 09:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
New Pic :) This one is old, from back in the day when pictures had to be developed, 97 I think.

Attachment 39279

rancheronut 05-21-2009 11:54 PM

i'm not to big on these years but i pick brian_rs/ss because thats the look i remember from my friends rides in high school. those where fun times!

SSV6 05-22-2009 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by brian_rs/ss (Post 324756)
my bad guys, but hey there is still more than a weeks worth of voting time. and IMO every one of the cars running this month are ROTM material.

You're just saying that so you don't feel bad about stomping them lmao

brian_rs/ss 05-22-2009 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by SSV6 (Post 324963)
You're just saying that so you don't feel bad about stomping them lmao

am not!

brian_rs/ss 05-22-2009 02:25 AM

picture bumpage, just for good measure :)

Camaro 69 05-22-2009 08:32 AM

Brian, your car is a nice one, guess I don't feel too bad! Is it an RS repro though?
I notice your car has the standard taillights, not the solid red taillights and separate lower reverse lights like a "true" RS should have.

craby 05-22-2009 08:39 AM

lets go guys we need more votes. all these cars are some of the best ive seen in my life so i know its hard to decide but doooo itt. come on 69 lets see some pics of the inside. maybe some hole shots if u got em.

SSV6 05-22-2009 08:59 AM

That, I must agree, would help greatly, let's see those money shots!

cbr600rx7 05-22-2009 09:32 AM

This is a hard one

SSV6 05-22-2009 10:33 AM

^^^ welcome back man!!! glad to see you made it home ok!

RubberDucky 05-23-2009 07:57 AM

I voted for frostlime, ive always like the 1st gens all original.

craby 05-23-2009 01:40 PM

still anyones race and only a week to go, good to see a couple more votes. still only 45 out of the entire membership. i dont know what the numbers are on membership but we can do better. lets get the votes in people. look em over and vote. its a hard choice, all great cars, just doooo iiit.

brian_rs/ss 05-23-2009 02:26 PM

i think we need to promote the ROTM section more. i know it gets talked about in OT but CF isnt just limited to OT.

greenarrow 05-23-2009 04:49 PM

There's an announcement at the top of every section for it.

craby 05-23-2009 05:44 PM

hay arrow whats the average on the vote # for rotm. i been kinda watching it and posting once in a while to keep it on the front page of new posts so it will be seen a little more there. just gotta keep on keepin on i guess. u got a bilboard on your posts thats for sure. i dont know how u could do more. i like all the camaros in the race and it took me a few days and some research before i voted. waited till more pictures were shown and stuff. i would still like to see camaro69 in a real nice hole shot. :) and of coarse a nice roasting of the tires, that yr car looks bada// coming out of a smoke show anyways but with that blue and the high rise i think it would make for a real nice pic.

brian_rs/ss 05-23-2009 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by greenarrow (Post 325390)
There's an announcement at the top of every section for it.

o yeah...there is...LOL.

k ill shut up now.

age84 05-23-2009 08:01 PM

Hey brian looks like you were right! good to see you made it in the running

greenarrow 05-23-2009 08:24 PM

Well in May we had 69 votes for the five nom's. In April we had 62 between the five nom's. In March we had 40 votes total for the four nom's. It's been going up every month since Febuary. And hopefully will continue to get more CF members participating and voting.

Originally Posted by brian_rs/ss (Post 325412)
o yeah...there is...LOL.

k ill shut up now.

Don't worry about it, I'm open to any ideas to get more CF involvement.

brian_rs/ss 05-24-2009 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by age84 (Post 325417)
Hey brian looks like you were right! good to see you made it in the running

:D

but yeah we are up to 59 votes right now with another week to go. i think we can beat the 69 votes from may. but really i wont be happy till we rival the traffic that MF has. lol.

frostlime69 05-24-2009 05:32 PM

Its time for an ROTM "Original Class" entry. Resto-mods are simply in a different spectrum of the First Generation Camaros. Its a completely different car except for maybe the sheet metal. Even that can come from a chinese dynacorn body kit. How bout that guy who put in the engine and chassis from a toyota supra into his 68 Camaro. Would he take the top vote here if he entered it? Quite possibly. Restomods are very nice cars. Its a bummer to see the original cars get voted out.

greenarrow 05-24-2009 05:39 PM

Frostlime, I totally agree with you. I admire a person or persons that have been able to keep a car that long, stock, and in good condition. But, there's just not that many CF members that have a stock or original camaro and therefore we would not be catering to the masses here by having that catagory for ROTM. There will be way more chances for everyone to get into ROTM coming soon.

SSV6 05-25-2009 01:24 AM

If you did an all original class, you'd have to allow in all generations with all original cars, including the 5th gen members. I don't think that would be a very good competition. Just nothing special about it to me.

brian_rs/ss 05-25-2009 01:29 AM

yeah, i have a lot of respect for people who have all stock, original, unmolested classic cars. but at the same time look at people like myself and orocker and mogvet, who have put in countless hours of work and dollars to turn our cars into something that is uniquely ours, because there wont be another EXACTLY the same. so why not let them compete in the same catagory? i think they are both equaly impressive. and so once again i believe that each of these cars(no bull****)are ROTM material. and besides the result of this poll is just peoples personal opinion anyways...we each know what we have.

camaro_burns_all 05-25-2009 01:41 AM

brian_rs/ss

frostlime69 05-25-2009 02:01 AM

hhmmm. original class and a dynacorn class. big difference. lets include "restomod" camaros and "ratrods" together in the same catagory if were all ok with $100K restomod 1st gen camaros competing with an all original 67' six banger. Gorn's ride is a nice 1st gen camaro. most of the comments i get from my car is if its original. its always followed up with "keep it that way". its too bad the past has been "left behind" in this ROTM.

frostlime69 05-25-2009 02:10 AM

Originally Posted by brian_rs/ss (Post 325756)
yeah, i have a lot of respect for people who have all stock, original, unmolested classic cars. but at the same time look at people like myself and orocker and mogvet, who have put in countless hours of work and dollars to turn our cars into something that is uniquely ours, because there wont be another EXACTLY the same. so why not let them compete in the same catagory? i think they are both equaly impressive. and so once again i believe that each of these cars(no bull****)are ROTM material. and besides the result of this poll is just peoples personal opinion anyways...we each know what we have.

some of us have spent thousands of $$$ restoring a 69 Z28 or a 67 pace car. X22 "barn finds" restored back to original is something that can "not" be done done from a summit catalog.

brian_rs/ss 05-25-2009 02:24 AM

^very VERY true sir. and dually noted.

SpecterGT260 05-25-2009 02:36 AM

^ that means he noted it twice

frostlime69 05-25-2009 03:03 AM

is that doubly noted lol

brian_rs/ss 05-25-2009 03:13 AM

quite possibly...which ever you chose to call it, i have done it. :p

orocker 05-25-2009 07:25 AM

Well frankly Im just glad to participate even though mines not even done. I feel that part wasnt even done by me. All of the rest is by me and hopefully next time this ROTM comes around it will be voted on as a completed project.

jamguitarist91 05-25-2009 09:39 AM

camaro 69 got mine... thats just a mean lookin car

Camaro 69 05-25-2009 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by frostlime69 (Post 325791)
is that doubly noted lol

Frost, I thought brian did that play on words because you said "restored back to original is not something that can be done done from a summit catalog."
Anyway, that's how I saw saw it!

brian_rs/ss 05-25-2009 12:50 PM

no i was deffinately way too drunk drunk to think of that last night. but still thats pretty funny.

frostlime69 05-25-2009 06:17 PM

im calling jerry springer!

Gorn 05-25-2009 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by frostlime69 (Post 325767)
hhmmm. original class and a dynacorn class. big difference. lets include "restomod" camaros and "ratrods" together in the same catagory if were all ok with $100K restomod 1st gen camaros competing with an all original 67' six banger. Gorn's ride is a nice 1st gen camaro. most of the comments i get from my car is if its original. its always followed up with "keep it that way". its too bad the past has been "left behind" in this ROTM.

At a normal show our cars would be no where near Camaro 69's and Brian's. While Camaro 69's is a classic hot rod (IMO) Brian went the touring route which is popular right now. It was not hard to predict he would win based on looks. The orginal cars everyone loves but they are not eye catching to anyone but the purest, which is a pretty small number. I have thought about upgrading my car, there are tons of bolt on's that do not require any damage to the car to install them but I just can't do it. I even found myself wishing the car was not so orginal just so I could install a nice 4 link rear and make so it did not twist at the hint of a hard turn. Its almost like we don't own the cars we are just their keepers till another keeper takes over. When my son decides to keep it stock or "update" it, If I am still around, I will remind him that had I done that what would he have? A car that was updated in 2009 and all those updates will now need updated because who wants obsolete updates? :) Come on a 67 Camaro with a LS1 in it 20 years from now?

frostlime69 05-26-2009 10:18 AM

Gorn's Quote:
Its almost like we don't own the cars we are just their keepers till another keeper takes over. When my son decides to keep it stock or "update" it, If I am still around, I will remind him that had I done that what would he have?

You nailed it on the head. That pretty much sums up this topic for me.
Theres some really nice Camaros to vote for here and may the best ride take it. Its been an honor.

bobarian91 05-26-2009 02:43 PM

I love the restored ones better. Maybe aftermarket wheels, but I don't like it when it's chopped up. That's why I nom'd and voted for Frostlime

jnewberr2SSRS 05-26-2009 03:37 PM

i went with brian....however, they're all nice!! i had to go with the black rs/ss because i just ordered a black 2010 2SS RS this morning and i can't get enough of black camaros right now!! great cars!!!

frostlime69 05-26-2009 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by jnewberr2SSRS (Post 326199)
i went with brian....however, they're all nice!! i had to go with the black rs/ss because i just ordered a black 2010 2SS RS this morning and i can't get enough of black camaros right now!! great cars!!!

i test drove a new 2010 camaro last week. it was the v6 300hp standard optioned car. it handled real nice. bright yellow and got a lot of attention.