OCT RTM 2nd gen

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 08:57 PM
February 2008 ROTM
Default RE: OCT RTM 2nd gen

ORIGINAL: riceeater

mine was Van Nuys, but not rust free, I am gonna post pics of my car at various stages, like when the roof and both quarters were chopped. my car is, even if i lose, damn good because I know where its been in terms of work, how much i had to do, and how much is left till I am satisfied, which is not till i hit mid 11s (hello 383 stroker and 200 shot [sm=devilgrin.gif])
Well I can't wait to see it when it's all done, but you know as well as I do that it will never be "done"

Old 09-13-2007, 09:12 PM
2nd Gear member

my girl always asks wen am i gonna be done working on the car, an I always say "when i am dead" cause really either the car is gone or i am, if one of those doesnt happen, itll need work

Old 09-13-2007, 09:31 PM
February 2008 ROTM

I hear that, that's the only way it can be. Just make sure that if it ever gets serious with a woman and you want to take the next step, you better lay down the rules. I told my wife before we got married that I had my cars before her. It worked out because she loves them and is always asking when I'm gonna work on them and if she can help.

Old 09-13-2007, 10:05 PM
July 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

you got one of a kind 619 camaro.mine dont want to do anything and bit@h about how brakes suck and its hot in here.that stuff aint getting fixed because i now know how to keep her out of my car,just dont fix it

Old 09-13-2007, 10:34 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 619Camaro

I told my wife before we got married that I had my cars before her.
I had my car after her.

I was boxing and I came home from a fight, pretty well beat to hell. So we had our first fight, since getting married. She wanted me to quit fighting and I told her no.
I stuck to my guns, until she said that she knew I had been wanting a corvette, so ifI quit fighting she'd help me buy the Corvette!!!

Sooooo a buddy of mine with a 62 Vette and I went shopping for a car. I almost bought a 67 Roadster, 427 Tri-Power, but the sales guy was being a ****, so I left without it. Then we went to the Chevy lot and I saw the hugger orange Camaro. I told the wife I'd settle for that Camaro, instead of the Vette. (SIGH, I should have gotten the vette...LoL)

So thats how I came to keep it all this time.....I gave up a lot to get it.....and she could never tell me to get rid of it.
So where a lot of guys sold their toys, I kept mine.
[sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 09-13-2007, 11:48 PM
February 2008 ROTM

ORIGINAL: bowtieguy

you got one of a kind 619 camaro.mine dont want to do anything and bit@h about how brakes suck and its hot in here.that stuff ain't getting fixed because i now know how to keep her out of my car,just dont fix it
Yeah bowtieguyI do, I guess I'm lucky. But I would probably take some pages out ofthat there book of yours had it been different between my cars and my wife.

Who knows Rand maybe something would have happened to the vette, then you wouldn't havehad the vette or the camaro. At least you have one awesome camaro.

Old 09-14-2007, 07:43 AM
1st Gear Member

Who knows Rand maybe something would have happened to the vette, then you wouldn't havehad the vette or the camaro.

You might be right, the guy that had the 62 Vette ended up almost getting killed. He rolled it in a curve, the only piece of the car that wasn't broken was the trunk lid. The rest was totaled. His passenger had to pull him out of a ditch with some water in it or he would have drowned.

He drives a Viper now. LoL

Old 09-14-2007, 09:27 AM
2nd Gear member

yeah, at least my girl is starting to take a little interest in it, she went to carlisle, and she knows the difference between chevelle, camaro, and nova, she knows what z28 and ss and rs mean, and she knows that mustangs suck *** [sm=loveeyes.gif]

Old 09-14-2007, 02:29 PM
February 2008 ROTM

ORIGINAL: Rand

Who knows Rand maybe something would have happened to the vette, then you wouldn't havehad the vette or the camaro.

You might be right, the guy that had the 62 Vette ended up almost getting killed. He rolled it in a curve, the only piece of the car that wasn't broken was the trunk lid. The rest was totaled. His passenger had to pull him out of a ditch with some water in it or he would have drowned.

He drives a Viper now. LoL
Sounds like my friends dad, he had a 70 SS and on the day he turned 21 he and his buddy went to the bar and when the left they were doing 60 around a turn that was supposed to be 25 and the front right tire blew out and he dumped the car in a concrete ditch 20 feet below. They both walked away with minor injuries. But the car was gone.

He drives a Geo Metro now.

Sounds like you have a keeper there riceeater. Teach her well and it will only get better. Then she'll ask when she can drive. Then you just laugh and pat her on the head and say someday....someday. I'm just kidding, well only a little.

Old 09-14-2007, 04:37 PM
2nd Gear member

lol, i try to get her to drive it, but she islike I am scared I will break something,lol so she says if we get married I have to buy her a camaro and paint it purple, but she said she would learn to work on it with me, so i dont have to do ALL the work