North East ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, NJ, NY, PA

*******Northeast Rod Run*******

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 04:35 PM
November 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by 1969 SS
send me an email back if you got mine alright
Done.... this really looks like a blast, can't believe no one here has jumped in.
I really hope to make it work....but would probably be bringing the new Camaro, I don't drive my 66 that many miles.....especially with the 7.75 - 14" bias ply tires , no PS or PB...and the single brake master cyl .... and that might be a little much for my 69....especially since it really needs a little 110 in every tank full.
New cars run with you guys??

Old 08-25-2009, 02:19 AM
3rd Gear Member

I was also shocked when no one else came in on this from here, although I think there might be one guy on my list from here. once people go on this, that's all they talk about until the next year's trip. I actually have about a half-dozen guys that have been thrashing on their cars all year, just to be ready for this trip

last year I brought my 2004 GTO. we've had anything from a 1937 Chevy Deluxe to a supercharged 2005 Mustang GT, and everything inbetween. that's the beautiful thing about this trip...there is no year break. on the MySpace page there are pics of about 20 of the tenative cars for this year's trip

right now this trip is going to be a little much for my '69, but I'm presently working on that. I've done a bunch of de-tuning (amongst other things) and I'm trying to get it to the point where I can get 10MPG on the highway. I think I'm now close. I'm hoping to change out my rear gears to a 3:42 (from a 3:73) in the next couple of weeks but money is real tight right now, although where there is a will, there is a way

Old 08-25-2009, 07:17 PM
November 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Way too many new Stangs in that group, gotta get some 5th gens in there.

Old 08-26-2009, 11:53 AM
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Chevelle Man
Way too many new Stangs in that group, gotta get some 5th gens in there.
AMEN to any GM product!!!

and there should be more 5th gens, because in June the Camaro outsold the Mustang for the first time in a long time ( by almost 2000 units!)

Old 09-02-2009, 06:14 PM

im sorry you didnt get much interset in this forum but its nice to know that their are cruises like this still going on today. I would love to go but dont have the time and money right now to take off from work those few days. maybe if you guys stopped in jersey one time i would come cruise and join you all but for now i can not....but nice job on it...good luck and keep it going.

Old 09-02-2009, 07:15 PM
In the Staging Lanes

^Im with him

I dont have the time, being in college and all, but if you guys came through jersey i would try to tag along for a bit (if my 78 could take a long drive)

however i did have the engine rebuilt so it could prob take the trip, paying for gas is the real killer

Old 09-04-2009, 02:09 AM
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by gotmudnj
im sorry you didnt get much interset in this forum but its nice to know that their are cruises like this still going on today. I would love to go but dont have the time and money right now to take off from work those few days. maybe if you guys stopped in jersey one time i would come cruise and join you all but for now i can not....but nice job on it...good luck and keep it going.
Originally Posted by BurntTreez28
^Im with him

I dont have the time, being in college and all, but if you guys came through jersey i would try to tag along for a bit (if my 78 could take a long drive)

however i did have the engine rebuilt so it could prob take the trip, paying for gas is the real killer
too bad you guys couldn't join us. I actually have one guy coming out of Jersey this year (along with people from MA, NH, RI, CT, NY and Canada).

I do understand the cash and time restraints for some people. that is why I try to limit the run to 3 days and keep it on weekends, because it's easier for people to get weekends off and find babysitters.

I was kind of shocked that more interest didn't come from this forum, because other forums got a lot of interest.

I do suggest if this does sound like you might want to do it in the future, you could both send an email to the Rod Run's email address on the myspace page, and I can keep you two updated on future trips

one more thing for Burnt Treez: my Camaro gets between 6 and 8 MPG on the highway (after de-tuning). how's that for an expensive trip?

Old 09-07-2009, 12:40 PM
In the Staging Lanes

yah that is pretty bad, i get about 10 miles, but i also pay 21,000 a year to stay in school right now, so hopefully i will still have my camaro when i get out and i will join you guys for sure

Old 09-08-2009, 11:53 AM
3rd Gear Member
Exclamation Important Update!!!!!!!!

information emails have been sent out for the trip. a quick response needed if you are going on the run

Old 10-07-2009, 09:22 AM
3rd Gear Member

Once again the trip was a success. We had about 26 or 28 cars, with over 40 people, on the run. for me, round trip was around 800 miles through three states in three days. beautiful scenery, incredible roads, awesome people and of course there were the cars

thank you to all the people that made it happen this year and now it's time to start planning next years trip

Quick Reply: *******Northeast Rod Run*******